Chapter 26: Make A Wish

Few weeks later,

Tomorrow will be Sarah's birthday.

I'm planning to surprise her tonight.

I didn't tell anyone I was coming home.

I'm very excited to see her.

I already bought her a gift. I saw this really cute stuff toy when I was shopping a few days ago and it reminded me of her so I bought it.

Good thing, Sarah was never picky.

I guess there were just instance when she hates it when I give the same gift to other people.

I hope she's not busy today.

I know she's back home since I checked her social media and kept updates.

I'm now walking on the streets carrying my bag and a banner in my hand.

I reach our house. I don't think my mom is at home. All lights are still off.

I kept walking and stop at Sarah's front door.

The lights are on so I knew she's inside.

I unfold the banner and rang the bell.

"Who is it?!" She said quite irritably.

I chuckle upon hearing her voice.

I yelled surprise as soon as she open the door.

"Surprise!!!" I said with a big smile.

She rub her eyes and started pinching herself.

"Great! I'm hallucinating now too." She said

It's very cute.

I pulled her into a hug.

"Advance Happy Birthday Sar!" I said gleefully.

That's when she realize that I was really in front of her.

She push me a little to face me.

"O!! You're really here?! I'm not imagining it?" She asked in disbelief.

I raise the banner above my head.

"See, I even made you this!" I said smiling.

"How could you! You didn't even contact me for a whole week and now you decided to show up unannouce?!" She argued.

"That's why it was a surprise! C'mon, I know you're happy to see me." I said while poking her playfully.

She let me in.

"You didn't tell your mom you're going home or did you?" She asked curiously.

I shook my head.

"Thought so.. she's not coming home tonight so I guess you'll be staying over." She mentioned.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Out of town.. I heard she's training new employees." She said while sitting on her couch.

My eyes landed on a bucket of beer on their table.

"Are you celebrating with your friends tonight? Why are there so many booze in here?" I asked curiously.