Chapter 59: Promise Me

Olivia POV 

I'm about to finish packing my things now.

I'm planning to spend my Christmas with Sarah.

We're finally gettings a break from filming.

I'm so excited to get home.

I gave my mom a quick message after I finish packing.

When I open the door out, I saw Ivan standing.

"Hi.. I was about to knock." He explained.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He saw my luggage.

"I heard from Tyler that you were leaving today. He said.

"I'm not going to spend my Christmas here." I replied.

He nodded in understanding.

"Can I at least give you a ride?" He offered.

"Okay, thanks." I replied.

He held my luggage and place them inside the car and we drove off.

He play some music on his car to keep the mood less awkward.

"When are you coming back?" He asked curiously.

I have to straighten things up because I can sense that Ivan is still hoping to get things back as they used to. I'm not going to lead him on.

"Ivan I'm glad that we are friends again but I just want to make it clear that's all I can give you. I don't want to give you any false hope. If we need to set boundaries then we should. I don't want us falling back to our most hateful and darkest part of ourselves." 

We've already been there and I don't want it happening again.

"I know.. I still don't think Sarah will truly make you happy but I have to respect your choice. If she ever hurt you again, please know, I'm still here." He replied gripping the wheel tightly.

His voice was serious but calm.

"Ivan I just told you.." I replied reminding him of what we are to each other.

"I know.. I don't care whether I be a friend or not. I just need you to know how I feel." He replied ending our conversation there.

We arrive the airport and before I could get out of the car, Ivan stop me again.

"Via wait.. I got you this." He said while handing a small box from his hand.

It was wrap carefully with a ribbon.

"I can't take it Ivan." I replied.

He looks upset. "Please Via don't refuse my gift. I've bought it a long time ago. Before we broke up. It's for you. A christmas gift.." he replied.

He push it slightly forward to my reach.

"Happy holidays Via." He spoke softly.

I sighed defeated.