Chapter 34: This is Peaceful

The next morning,

I received an email from the film staff about details on the movie. The schedule of our meeting and the earliest time we can expect the table reading and all other important details that I needed to know and prepare for.

"What are you looking at there so seriously?" Sarah spoke on her sleepy gentle voice. She ended up staying in my room over night.

"Um.. an email from the movie staff." I said.

She moved closer and check it as well.

"Wait, is it on next week?" She asked in disbelief.

"Huh?" I also check the email again.

"What? This soon??" I voice out my thoughts.

Sarah tried to hide her disappointment. She cheered up for me.

"Wow, I guess this is really it. You're gonna be a celebrity now!" She said in a high pitch voice and squealing in excitement.

"Why do they have to move up the schedule? I thought I'll be able to spend my whole summer here with you." I said disappointingly.

She held my face with her hand.

"It's okay Babe.. you've been waiting for this kind of opportunity for so long. It's finally happening! We can still enjoy the rest of the week before you start working on this film." She said cheerfully after giving me a light peck on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry.. I was really looking forward to this summer. I thought I could stay longer." I said disappointingly.

She pinch my cheeks playfully.

"Aww Babe.. stop sulking, I wish you could stay too. But what can we do? This is a big step for your career. You have to go. C'mon smile... We still have a few more days right?" She said giggling.

I held her hand lovingly.

"I know.. but still, I feel bad about leaving you. I can barely hold your hand like this. I'm sorry.. I promise I'll make it up to you." I replied with a weak smile.

She pulled me closer.

"Just do well on your job. Don't worry about me. I'm cheering for you. Babe." She said pecking my lips once.

"Your number one fan, always.." she said lively.

I felt my face blush brighter.

I covered my face and looked away.

"Aw.. how cute!" She said while trying to push my hands.

I clear my throat.

"Ehermm.. stop, you're flaterring me too much." I said as I rush to the door.

She follow behind me while laughing hysterically.

---

We try to enjoy the rest of the week as much as we can.

It didn't even feel like a week to me. The time flew away fast and I have to leave again.

She drove me to the airport.

"Good luck Babe.. call me whenever you're free. I love you." She said sweetly while hugging me one last time.

I didn't want to let go of her.

"I love you too." I whispered behind her ear.

She pulled away first and then kiss my cheeks.

"Okay, now go before it gets too hard for me to say goodbye." She said as she slightly push me.