Nightmare (7 Years Old)

"Onii-San!! No!! Stop! Why!", Sasuke's voice cracked, his knees buckled as his parents' fell face first into the wooden floor. Sasuke trembled in fear as he screamed endlessly. He hoped the gods would pity him and bring his parents back to life, but it didn't work.

  No matter how many days and nights he prayed, it didn't work. "Onii-San! Why?!", Sasuke asked at the top of his lungs. "Power.", was the only thing his brother said before he disappeared. Fresh tears were rolling down his cheeks, his eyes hurt.

  —

"Sasuke!", Naruto worriedly shook his adoptive son's body. "Wake up!", he yelled. Sasuke was screaming, his eyes were open yet he was still in his dreams. "Sasuke!", Naruto yelled again.

  Finally, Sasuke stopped yelled and came back to reality. He breathed harshly and he touched his aching throat. Naruto squeezed Sasuke as he started to hyperventilate. "Sasuke.. please calm down.", the long-haired blonde said soothingly.

  Sasuke hugged him back, his nails digged into his pajama shirt. Naruto brought Sasuke's head close in his chest, his tears drenched his shirt. "It's okay now.. you are safe..", Naruto promised. Sasuke's eyes widened after he calmed down.

  "Get away!", he screamed in disgust and horror. He pushed Naruto away harshly. "Don't touch me!", he screamed. Naruto looked down in sadness, "I'm sorry..", he said. He thought Sasuke would get use to him after these two weeks at least.

Sasuke hesitated to move farther. "I said go away! I don't need you!", Sasuke screeched. Naruto choked on air and nodded. He slowly closed the door and left. Sasuke's tears dropped down his cheeks. "I'm.. weak..", he mumbled brokenly and hugged his legs.

"I swear mom, I swear dad, I will avenge you. I will avenge my clan, I swear Itachi. I will avenge my clan, and kill. Kill you.", a red glint was shown in his eyes.

Naruto fell onto his knees. "Itachi.. how could you do this?" He let a tear fall. He clutched his heart. "I'll protect Sasuke from you..", he grit his teeth. His throat constricted, he quickly went to his cabinet. He opened it.

  Cigarettes. It was a red cigarette pack. He grabbed his lighter and took one out, quickly he went to the balcony. He lit it and calmed himself down. "Damn you.. still putting me under your influence..", he cursed but smiled softly at the memories.

"I can't believe I fell in love with a cruel bastard like you. But how was I supposed to know? You lie so easily, I'm not sure if you even loved me in the first place. Why would you lie to me? Were you planning to kill me too?", Naruto voiced his thoughts out loud.

He was speaking to the moon as if Itachi could hear him. The smoke flowed with the wind.

"Stupid bastard.", he growled lowly and pressed his cigarette against the rails to put it out. He tossed the cigarette into the air, it disappeared into the street. Sasuke didn't need to know about his bad habit anyways.