A Day at the Park (8 Years Old)

Naruto leaned against a tree. He was at the park with Sasuke. Sasuke was just sitting on the playground staring at the other kids playing tag. Even though Sasuke was an avenger, he was still young and little. He had to have fun in his childhood, so he took Sasuke to the park.

  Naruto had his long hair in a low bun and watched Sasuke. "I knew it. You're a man right? You look so much like a female!", he heard a voice beside him. He turned around and saw another father walking up to him.

  "I get that a lot..", Naruto said and began to fidget with his fingers. "Which little one is yours? Mine is the girl with the yellow dress.", he said and pointed to a girl who was chasing the others. "She's adorable. Mine is the boy with a black t-shirt.. he was on the playground. Where did he go?", Naruto said and slowly began to panic.

  He stood up and looked around. "Oh. My daughter is chasing him, over there." Naruto sighed in relief and sat back down. "Oh I haven't introduced myself, my name is Naruto.", he smiled softly.

  "Mine is Kabuto. You and your son don't look alike at all, and you still look so young. As if your in your mid-20's.", Kabuto pointed out. "We don't look alike huh. Makes sense, I adopted him. And I'm only 19 years old!", Naruto said with a cheeky smile.

  "Naruto!", he heard Sasuke's voice and turned. He was running towards him and Kabuto's daughter was chasing him. "Help me!", he yelled and hid behind Naruto. The girl chased him around the tree and back to the playground.

  Wait. Who was that? Sasuke stopped in his tracks and looked around to see his parent talking to another man. "Tag! You're it!", the little girl yelled as she tapped his on the shoulder. "I don't want to play anymore..", he mumbled as he walked towards Naruto.

  Why is he with another man? Does he not want to take care of me? He's a parent! And he's so irresponsible. Sasuke thought as he clutched his chest. He didn't know why it hurt.

  "I want to go home.", he said as he approached Naruto. Kabuto looked at him too. "Already?", the blonde whined. "Yeah. It's hot.", Sasuke said. "Okay then. It was nice talking to you.", Naruto said and waved goodbye.

  I didn't even ask him for his number..

  —

  Why did it hurt when I saw him with another person? I was fine when Iruka was with Naruto, who was that guy? Sasuke sighed as he walked.

  "Sasuke.. why do you hate me so much?..", Naruto asked, he had a faraway look on his face. Sasuke's eyes widened, then hardened. "You.. You think you're just like me when.. when your family was never killed by someone you know! So you can't understand how I feel!, Sasuke yelled.

  Naruto narrowed his eyes. "Actually..", he began. "No! Just save it! Just be yourself, I don't need your pity!", Sasuke yelled. "Just. Just be yourself. Okay?", he said with a more soft tone this time.

  Naruto felt something constrict in his throat. "Yeah."