Cigarettes (16 Years Old Part 1)

"Naruto..", Sasuke said in a low voice and held the pack of red Malboro cigarettes in his hand. Naruto's eyes widened and he dropped the spatula in his hand. "Sasuke. I..", Naruto bit his lower lip.

"I knew it. It explains why you're voice sounds strained and your coughing fits.", Sasuke said to himself. Naruto stared at the ground, "I-I was going to quit eventually..", he mumbled and scratched his arm.

"When is eventually? And since when did you start smoking? Do you do other drugs as well?", Sasuke asked and looked at the pack. There was only a few left. Naruto stayed quiet for a minute. He couldn't say the words, they were stuck in his throat.

"Answer me, please Naruto.", Sasuke sounded desperate and worried. Naruto chewed on his lip and glanced at Sasuke. How did Sasuke find out? He always kept his cigarettes under his drawer or on top of the fridge. He stopped smoking in the balcony just in case Sasuke walked in on him.

  Did one of his friends see Naruto smoking outside their building?

".. I started eleven years ago but stopped. Six years ago I began smoking again...", Naruto mumbled and refused to look at Sasuke's face. Sasuke inhaled sharply. "No fucking way. How were you able to hide it for so long?! From me! Fuck, that's so long!Why did you never tell me?!", Sasuke yelled and tried to calm himself.

He felt so betrayed. Six years! Naruto was able to hide a secret from the Uchiha for six years!

"Sasuke please calm down! This is why I was afraid to tell you!", Naruto quickly tried to calm down the fuming Uchiha. He took deep breaths and finally settled down. "I just.. feel so.. so stupid and clueless! Why didn't you just tell me? I could've helped you!"

  "Sasuke you aren't stupid or clueless! And it's something hard to talk about okay?", Naruto said and fidgeted with his hands. "But why is it affecting you now? Did you start smoking more often?", Sasuke asked and forced Naruto to look at him by grabbing his jaw softly.

  "Yeah.", he blurted out loud. When he looked into Sasuke's eyes he felt no need to hide anything. It was like his eyes were magic, he felt weird. "Why though?", he asked again and this time Naruto managed to not yell out immediately.

  He felt Sasuke's hand shift from his jaw down to his hand to stop them from fidgeting. That's when Sasuke noticed they were beginning to sweat, this was a really hard topic for Naruto.

  "Please tell me. I can't help you if I don't know.", he said. Naruto kept his mouth shut. He could not tell Sasuke he was the reason why he started smoking twice the amount he had been smoking before.

  It's because of the way I feel towards you. The way you hold my hand or just touch me in general sends vibrations towards my heart making it hard to breathe. And I hate it. I hate feeling this, you're my son! Not blood-related but it's still so wrong! I'm so much older than you! I'm 26! You're only 16, it's so fucking wrong it makes me sick!

Sasuke saw the blonde suffering to say something so he said the name that's been occupying both their minds for quite a long time. "Is it Itachi?", he asked softly and squeezed his hands. Naruto's azure eyes widened slightly at the raven's words.

"You mumbled his name in your sleep. You sounded like you were struggling. It was a week ago, remember? When I woke you up for breakfast?", Sasuke said. Naruto recalled the memory.

"Is that all I said?..", Naruto's heart behaving picking up the pace. His mind craved to know what he had said that night. The memory was.. he might've said something wrong, something that would've exposed him.