I'm Sorry (12 Years Old)

Sasuke's eyes widened as he realized who his teacher was. It was Iruka! As Iruka introduced himself, they met eyes and Iruka gave him a friendly smile. Iruka was his home room teacher, now Sasuke was in middle school, so he would have six classes. And his first class was Iruka's.

"Sasuke! You're gonna have to call me Mr. Iruka in school okay? I don't want kids to think that I have favorites, and I don't! But you know how you guys are.", Iruka explained and scratched his neck.

Sasuke nodded with his usual stoic Uchiha face. "Oh also.. you never answered me last time.. why don't you like Naruto?", Iruka asked with a little more seriousness. He looked into Sasuke's eyes with a bit of worry.

"I don't.. I don't hate him but I don't like it when he acts like he understands me. It makes me angry. He had parents!- Wait.. did he?", Sasuke's eyes widened. He never thought about Naruto's family. Iruka was Naruto's adoptive father, so what happened to his actual parents?

Are they dead like Sasuke's? Sasuke forgot to breathe for a second. He's been getting angry at Naruto for something that might not even be true. He looked at Iruka for answers.

"Oh.. Naruto, I'm not sure if it's me who should tell you but.. Naruto's parents.. they're dead. They died when Naruto was born. He lived in the orphanage for a while but I adopted him when he was three years old.", Iruka smiled softly at the memories.

"Sasuke.. at least you met your parents. Naruto never met them.. he had to live alone wondering where his parents were. Ah.. but he doesn't think that way now! He says he's grateful to me and that he'd rather live with me..", Iruka smiles and wiped a tear away.

  "I don't think it's true but.. it still makes me happy. Oh- A-Anyways sorry I ranted a little!", Iruka chuckled. Sasuke was speechless, he really didn't know what to say. He was afraid to apologize now.

  Iruka reached to touch his shoulder but Sasuke flinched and left.

  Sasuke gulped as he took out his schedule. Period 2, Mathematics, Room 23. He shook his head and tried to focus on where his next classroom was. I've been hating Naruto all these years, he took the hatred and didn't say anything. If he did, I would probably lash out at him.

  I should apologize today. Or this feeling of guilt won't go away..

  —

  "Iruka told you? Oh. Yeah it's okay Sasuke, I'm use to it anyways.", Naruto gave Sasuke a small smile. Sasuke looked at Naruto with a bit of confusion. "You're use to it?", he asked.

  "Yeah. People misunderstand me a lot. My father was an important person. Minato Namikaze was loved by everyone and he died protecting me so..", Naruto scratched his neck. His bangs covered his eyes and some blonde hair fell to the front.

  "Um..", Sasuke said then hesitated. He raised his arms and hugged Naruto. "I'm really.. really sorry.", a few tears slipped out of Sasuke's eyes. A little bit of blush creeped onto his cheeks as well. His face was against Naruto's chest.

  He didn't know why he was blushing, but he knew that he wanted to be closer in some way.