Chapter 10

Chapter 10-
Carolina's POV:

"Carolina?" I hear his voice calling. A thudding sound hitting over and over again. Is he coming? What did I do? Is he going to hurt me?

I ask myself hugging my knees to my chest. I can see myself, like I am an onlooker to the scene unfolding in front of me. I want to scream at myself to get up and run, but my voice is gone, I can't move, only watch.

The thudding sound is getting louder and suddenly the door to this dark room i'm sitting in swings open. Noah stands there his face covered from the darkness but his eyes glowing in the dark. I see myself crying, covering myself like I will just disappear.

But I don't

I just sit there as he walks to me and grabs me. Dragging me out of the room by my hair, screaming and kicking in fear.

As the door is slammed shut I hear a earth shattering thud. Making myself sit up in bed, back in the room Jaxson gave me. Tears were falling down my face and I could tell there was no stopping them.

I try to calm down but it's no use with the thunder storm going on outside. I slowly stood up and walked out to my room and to Jaxson's door. I knocked lightly not wanting to wake him up if he is in a beep sleep, but he opened the door after a few seconds.

He was wearing only boxers, he wiped the sleep away from his eyes and looked to me. Even through it was dark he somehow saw the tears running down my face.

"Oh Carolina." He said lightly, pulling my into a warm hug. "Whats the matter?" He asked now wide awake.

"I-" I was about to explain but then another round of thunder sounded, I reacted and gripped onto Jaxson tightly only being able to say "I'm scared." He held me tighter and lifted me up a bit off the ground.

He started walking to my room, probably to lay me back down, but I didn't want to go back there were my nightmare happened. "Stop." I said to him lightly. "I don't want to go back."

He moved his head back to look at me a little confused. "Why don't you want to go lay down? You seem really tired." He said. "I had a nightmare in there. And I don't want to be alone." I told him.

I took a deep breath, like I do every time I do something out of my comfort zone. "Can I stay with you?" I asked quite covering my face in his neck. "You know I wouldn't mind that. Just make sure you are comfortable with it." He told me. I nodded my head still holding onto him.

He turned around and walked into his room. I hadn't spent much time in here but it is definitely Jaxson's style. Dark black carpet and white walls. Nice gray couch sitting in front of his hanging TV, and his soft as air king sized bed, that he lightly places me down on.

He pulled on some sweat pants before walking around the bed and laying down himself. I slowly got under his fluffy covers and tried to fall asleep. I jumped slightly onto him when thunder and lighting struck again.

He chuckled slightly at my reactions before kissing my face and calming me down. "It's ok, my little butterfly." He said to me, his voice sounding distance. I was drifting back to sleep but I fought against it. Not ready to enter that darkness again.

Jaxson must have felt me fight against my sleep cause started lightly caressing my face in a pattern. Over my nose, around my eye, back down my nose, and then around my other eye. Making a figure eight over my face.

It was calming and forced me into sleep. But I didn't have that nightmare. No, quite the opposite really. I was laying on the soft grass next to Jaxson, the hot sun being our blanket and the sounds of birds being our lullaby.

It only felt like seconds when I was awoken by the loud sound from the alarm clock. It was 6 in the morning and I was not getting up yet. I wanted to go back to the meadow. I turned off the clock with out another thought snuggling back into Jaxson, who accepted me in his arms.

Jaxson's POV:

This was amazing. Her laying with me, holding herself to me. The little sounds she made every once in while. She was beautiful.

I pulled her more into me, glancing over her body to look at the time. It was 8 o'clock! That's the latest I have slept in, in a long time. I must have forgotten to set it or sleep through it.

I didn't really care though, cause I got to lay down and cuddled my mate. I don't know if this is just a one night think, but I hope it's not. I don't know how I will be able to sleep alone after this. But what Carolina wants she is going to get.

I was drifting back to sleep when my phone rang, I groaned quietly before reaching behind me and grabbing it.

It was Tyler.

"Hello?" I said my voice still a little rough.

"You missed the meeting this morning? You feeling good man?" Tyler voice says through the phone. I can hear light talking in the background, telling me he was still at the meeting hall.

"Yeah, i'm fine. I think I slept through my alarm." I said quieter. "Why are you whispering?" Tyler asks me whispering too.

"Oh, um. Carolina's laying next to me, and I can't move with out waking her up." I told him. He chuckled before saying "That's great man, she is really getting comfortable with you."

"Yeah, she didn't have a good night last night and wanted to stay with me." I said, giving a little more context to what happened. "Well I will let you get back to sleep then, you sound tired as well." He told me. And I was.

"Ok. I will call you later about that meeting." I told him before hanging up and setting my phone back on the table. Carolina was still sleeping, I could tell by her steady breathing and heart beat. I moved her a little higher up on me before settling back to sleep.

Carolina's POV:

I am warm, very warm. And there is heave weight on me, I was still laying on Jaxson. Cuddled up on him, his hair in a big mess. I reached my hand up and tried to fix it a bit, I don't know why I thought that would be a good idea.

He just stirred awake, looking at me with confused looks. This is a little weird. I am sitting up a little, both my hands in his hair moving it around.

A big yawn made him break our eye contact, he stretched his arms before returning his gaze back onto me. He pulled me down to come closer to his face, my breath picking up a bit before he just lightly pecks my cheek and a smile form on his face.

"Morning, beautiful. What were you up to?" He asked now leaning his face into my neck, this was new, but I just moved closer to him and let him.

"Your hair was everywhere." Was all I said. I hear him chuckle in my neck, tickling me a little. "You know that happens when you go to sleep, your hair gets messy." He told me making me chuckle a little.

He blow air on my neck tickling me again, now on purpose.

He then laid his head back, shutting his eyes, still holding me. "I really liked waking up to you like that." He said a peaceful look on his face.

"I like it too." I told him. And even through that didn't really make sense I knew he knew what I was trying to say. "You know you could stay with me more often then." He told me and I moved to lay back down on him. I just nodded my head, something I will think about later.

"Do you have to get up?" I asked, knowing he had work he could be doing. "Yeah, but maybe in another hour or so. I want to enjoy this a little longer." he told me, putting his hand in my hair lightly holding me to him.

I did like this and this is something mates should be doing. So maybe this is what I can give to him to make up for what I haven't been doing. And thinking back to that wonderful dream, the warmth of that memory made me smile.

I want that to be real. And the only reason it isn't is because of me.

I glanced back up to Jaxson to see he was back to sleep. He looked peaceful again and even though he always is handsome he looks even more handsome right now. The light hitting perfectly. I probably shouldn't be staring.

But no one is around to stop me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|