Chapter 15

Chapter 15-
Jaxson's POV:

When I had walked away from Carolina at the party I had felt confident that everything was going great and that Carolina was safe. 

But I guess I let my want for her to be safe and happy, blind me from the fact that she is still in danger. And to be a good Alpha King, a good mate I have to protect her. 

I opened the door upstairs, away from the party to wait for the pack doctor, and let Carolina have a moment to breath without everyone watching her. I walked into the room that once belonged to me and turned on the light. 

I used to live in the pack house while I was training to get close to the pack. 

It still had some stuff in it and here if I need it, like today. I lay Carolina down and move to close and lock the door. I can hear her sniffling and crying, which hurts me more then I ever thought it would. 

"Carolina, butterfly," I started calling to her and pulling her to me. 

I wrapped my arms around her to comfort her, I wasn't sure if I was making this worst or better cause she continued to cry out. But her grip on me tighten and telling me not to let her go. 

I don't know how long we were like that but there was a knock on the door. I lightly moved her, she grabbed the blanket that was under us and wrapped herself in it. It was a cute move to comfort herself. I turned away from her before moving to the door where the doctor was. 

I was shocked it wasn't Dr. Tina cause that's who I asked to take care of Carolina, but instead it was Dr. Even at the door. "Hello, Alpha King. Dr. Tina would have like to be here but she is having a lot of trouble at the hospital. She sent me to help the Luna Queen."

I was ify about this. And I think he could tell. He was older then me and I know he had a mate of his own but that didn't mean I wanted him near mine. 

I looked behind me to Carolina she was hurt and he could help her, which is the only reason I moved out of his way and let him move to Carolina. 

As he worked on Carolina's scratches I held her and acted like he was not there. 

It took him 30 minutes to help heal her and make sure she wont get scars from them. She still had some tears running down her face. And the pain of the cleaning stuff he is putting on her face isn't helping her much. 

Carolina POV:

I had only gotten to sleep for a few minutes till the doctor had come. 

It wasn't Tina which was weird, for me and for Jaxson. I could tell by the way he was holding me the whole time that he was not happy with him being so close to me. 

And I was not happy with the burning feeling he caused while tending to me cuts. 

Once he had left I was ready to go back to our room in our bed and not who every's room this is. 

"Jaxson." I called but it was quite and if Jaxson wasn't a werewolf he wouldn't have heard me. But he is so he moved to look to me from the door he just closed behind the doctor. 

"Yes?" He asked. "Can we go home?" I asked lightly tears peaking in my eyes. 

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. He moved to me and picked me up again. I held myself to him as he carried me down stairs and out of the house. 

Micheal was there waiting for us. 

Once we got in the car I feel back asleep not awaking to the next day back in our bed. My face a bit sore and stinging. But Jaxson was laying with me and holding me like he always does. Making me feel safe. 

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|