Chapter 9

I looked at Alex with fear and panic in my eyes.
" is there a back door?" He said whispering. I nodded and lead him to it as we snuck out the back.
" follow me " he whispered. He grabbed my hand and began running down the road into a little allay I had never been down before. Right at the end there was a tiny little closed café, Alex took out his keys and opened the door. He turned on the lights. It was a cosy little room with two small round tables, a counter with a hot drink machine, a load of stacked paper and China cups and leather couch in the corner. Alex sat me down on the couch, made two coffees and handed one to me and he sat next to me. I looked down not knowing what to say.
" I found this place a while ago, it was closed down and the old owner has left the key under the mat. So now it's my little hide out. " I looked up and gave him a weak smile.
" do wanna tell about the blade?" He said taking my hand.
I was trying not to burst into tears again.
" Ella, do you cut yourself? "
I tear rolled down my cheek as I nodded.
" why?" He said, sounding like he was going to cry himself.
" It's- it's relief"
" relief from what? "
" life, panic attacks, everything."
" but why cutting?" I looked up at him to see a tear roll down his cheek as he squeezed my hand.
" It's like- like I'm drowning, but I can see everyone around me breathing, it's like I can't see where I'm going but I know I'm underwater and I know I'm getting deeper and deeper. And when I- when I cut it feels like someone's just pulled me out of the water, like I can breathe again." I broke down in tears. Alex wrapped his arms around me. Then pulled back to look at me. He wiped a tear from my cheek.
" Ella, promise me something"
" what ?" I said still shaking.
" promise me that if you ever want to cut again you'll call me first"
" okay, I promise"
" seriously Ella, I don't care if it's 2 in the afternoon or 1 in the morning, I'll be here for you"
I looked into his green eyes and he bit his lip.we were both getting closer until out mouths were a centimetre apart, then he suddenly filled the gap. He was kissing me roughly yet softly, either way I loved it. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer and I ran my fingers through his messy hair. I couldn't believe it my first properer kiss with the guy I had a huge crush on. Our lips slowly broke apart but are foreheads were still touching. " sorry but I have been dying to do that from the first second I saw you" he whispered.
I didn't say anything back, just pressed my lips against his. Damn he was a good kisser. W hen the kissed stopped neither of us said anything. I just laid with my head on his chest and with his arms wrapped around me.