Chapter 29

I ran to the gate when Alex grabbed my hand.
" get off me!"
" Ella, please just hear me out "
" fine!"
Alex looked at his feet for a moment
" I'm waiting "
" I was going through a hard time"
" right!" I said sighing and Turing back around to walk away
" it was my brother " he said shakily. I stopped and slowly turned around.
" your brother?" I said quietly
Alex sat on the wall and i sat next to him.
" yeah, Charlie" his eyes were watering, as he looked down at the ground, so I took his hand.
" I was 10, he was 13 . We were at the park and this guy started talking to me. I stupidly followed him to his car, like a idiot." He spat, tears running down his face.
" Charlie ran up and told me not to go but, the man grabbed me, Charlie, kicked him and he dropped me. And pulled out a gun." He could hardly speak.
" hey, it's okay " I said putting my arm around him.
" he shot Charlie, and it was my fault"
" no, it wasn't Alex, look at me. It wasn't your fault. "
" it was! But when I was 14, I found that man, that sick bastard, I beat him, half to death before the police came and arrested him. It just brought back everything so I started drinking and sleeping around and it wasn't till I met you, that I stopped"
" Alex " I said almost speckless, and pulled him into a hug, as he cried.
It was so difficult, seeing the strongest person I knew cry. I shut my eyes and hugged him tighter.