Chapter 25

When we got to the party I held Alex's hand and squeezed it. It was a huge house and it smelt of alcohol, cigarettes and weed. Then a tall boy with blonde hair, who looked kinda scruffy, and a short girl with black hair in a short blue glittery dress walked up to us.
" Alex !" Said the boy and girl, hugging him.
" hey guys, this is Ella, my girlfriend. Ella, this is Jane and Adam my best friends from my old school. "
I loved that he called me his girlfriend.
" hi" I said shyly
" hey, I love you makeup!" Jans said " how about we go get a drink?" She said pulling me away. I didn't want to leave Alex but he winked at me and I felt a little more confident.

We got over to the drink table and Jane handed me a plastic cup.
" what do you want? "
" um, anything. I don't really drink"
" okay, how about beer? " she said poring it in her and my cup.
" thanks" I said taking a sip, I had drunk before but never really been drunk. " so your Alex best friend?"
" yeah, and he looks so happy now" she said taking a huge gulp of her drink.
" what do you mean?"
" well after his brother, he's been really, different."
I looked down not knowing what to say, I still didn't know that much about his brother.
" wanna go dance?" Jane said breaking the ice.
" sure" I said as we made our way to dance.

On the dance floor I felt someone grabbed my waist from behind I jumped when that person whispered in my ear.
" you okay baby?"
I instantly recognised the voice as Alex. And I got goosebumps. I turned around and kissed him.
" I missed you " he said
" I was only gone a minute " I giggled
" I know, I just missed you. "