2

Rosé was deeply planning on escaping the palace one night, in the dull orange light which was given by the candle lamp in above her bed.

   Rosé wrote her route and things she needed to escape.

   She heard a slight knock on her door, she looked up, her back cracking and making her bones stiff.

   “Come in!” Rosé ordered.

   The huge white door slowly opened to reveal her mom, her long blonde hair falling from her head to her shoulders and then down to her waist; she wore a lovely white dress, it wasn’t much, it had three layers of white net, a strip fastened above her stomach area, her shoulders weren’t covered, showing of her boney collarbones; the sleeves were all net, it showed her pale skin, the length came all the way down to her hands.

   Her mom smiled showing off her sweet white smile, enhancing the light freckles she had on her face.

   “Dear Rosé, when will you get your beauty sleep?” Rose’s mom asked in her honeyed voice.

   Rosé looked down and quickly closed her little diary. She heard the bed sheets rustle, indicating that her mom had sat down on the bed. Rosé looked up.

   “When dad drops the marriage thing.” Rosé said harshly.

   She grabbed the dairy and leaned over her pillows to her bedside table, she set the diary down before sitting back down, giving all her attention towards her mom.

   “Rosé you have to understand his side before you say ‘yes’ or ‘no’.” Her mom said.

   “He has to understand my side before he says something about it.” I said. 

   “Rosé, please try and talk to him tomorrow.”

   “I’ll see…” Rosé mumbled. Her mom showed her gummy smile as she opened her arms, calling Rosé in for a hug.

   Rosé sighed before she moved in her bed, moving towards her mom.

   Rosé wrapped her arms around her mom as did her mom. Rosé pulled away from the hug and sat back down in front of her mom.

   “Mom can I please not go to the princess lessons?”

   “Rosé you kno-”

   “I know I need them, since I’m not dad’s ideal princess.” Rosé cut off. “And that he won’t stop until I agree to this ‘marriage’.”

   Rosé noticed how her mom’s hand was always on her stomach and how it felt popped out when she hugged her.

   Rosé decided to ignore it, thinking it was nothing important.

   “Let’s see.” Her mom said, as she got up from the bed. “Let’s get you to sleep alright?”

   Rosé nodded as she slid under the sheets, her mom pulled them up to her neck. Her mom leaned in, and kissed her forehead.

   “Sleep well.” Her mom said before she left one more kiss on Rosé’s forehead.

   She stood up straight, and looked at Rosé who had her eyes closed now.

   With a smile the queen turned around and left the room quietly.