27

A long ass chapter. So get ready

   The ceremony had already started and the King and Queen were talking about how they were glad that god had gifted them with a baby girl, thanking the people for the gifts for the baby girl, talking about the girl and all.

   There was a door just beneath the stairs, the thing was simple but the sad thing was that there were guards between the crowd and the stairs.

    In the far left was a pillar and beyond that were no guards, which gave them a free path to the door underneath the stairs.

   Kai was walking towards the guards to distract them while Kijiya and Jisoo walked to the pillar. The two walked past the pillar quietly and came face to face with the door.

   A guard had felt a presence and was about to turn to them, Kai rushed to the guard and started to question him about the glasses of wine, another guard joined trying to point Kai to the glasses.

   “Let’s go?” Jisoo asked a very hesitant Kijiya. Kijiya only hummed in response. Jisoo grabbed his hand before she ran straight for the door.

   Kijiya ran behind her. One of the guards turned around and looked at them.

   “AH!” The guard shouted loudly, which broke off the queen while she was talking. Kai looked at them and kicked one of the guards to distract them.

   He did kick them and ran past anyone who came after them, trying to reach Jisoo and Kijiya as they opened the locked door forcefully. A guard came and held onto Kijiya.

   Kai took hold of a guard’s sword as he was distracted, he rushed to Kijiya with the sword. He pushed the sword inside of the guard who Kijiya was trying to push off.

   The guard fell down with a groan, the sword in his body and hot red liquid rushing out of his body.

   “Wha-wha-” Kijiya said but was cut off when Kai grabbed him and ran into the door.

   Jisoo came from a place, shut the door and quickly placed a chair in front of the door.

   The three heard loud pounds on the door, ignoring that they ran through the old hallway, which was painted brown, decorated with candles which were almost about to burn off all their wax.

   The three made a turn when they reached the end of the straight hallway they were running through.

   Jisoo stopped when they came in front of wooden stairs which were going up, the two boys bumping into her.

   “Stop!” They heard a voice shout. Without a thought Kijiya ran up the wooden stairs, making them creak.

   Kai turned around and saw three guards with their swords out coming towards them. Jisoo ran up as Kai turned around and followed the other two.

   Kijiya came in front of another door, he stepped back on the stair and kicked it open, and he rushed into the room and went behind the door waiting for Jisoo and Kai to come in.

   As the both came in, Kijiya pushed the door and locked it shut. Which made the whole room turn dark, they couldn’t even see each other’s eyes.

   “It’s dark!” Kai shrieked.

   “Weakling.” Jisoo scoffed.

   She blindly opened her backpack which she had to borrow from Kijiya so it could match the dress, she opened it and took out a candle and a tiny box.

   She kneeled down and passed the candle and took out a matchstick from the box and slid it quickly against the box, making it light up, giving her a guide to the candle. She threw the burning stick on the candle and looked up at Kai.