20

Rosé was walking down the town streets, hopping no one recognized her; walking past many poorly made houses, stalls and a church.

   She was walking when she bumped into an old lady, who was most probably in her sixties.

   The lady had long wavy black hair which was turning white from the roots, the hair was tied with a strip of a cloth, and she had black eyes, old wrinkles showing her age.

   The lady noticed how young Rosé was and how she shouldn’t be walking on the streets alone, so she decided to question Rosé before she got away.

   “I’m sorry to interrupt your lovely walk and I don’t mean to be rude but you shouldn’t be walking here all alone.” The old lady said, confusing Rosé. “I mean, without your husband darling, someone bad could hurt you.”

   “I like your kindness Miss, but gladly I’m not married.” Rosé smiled. “And I’m not actually from these lands.” Rosé said, shocking the older woman, who quickly grabbed her hand and rushed somewhere through the streets, dragging Rosé with her.

   She went into a house and pulled Rosé in it. The old woman let go off of Rosé and turned to her.

   “Are you here alone?” The woman questioned. Rosé was confused but just nodded. “You shouldn’t be here, the guards are on search.”

   “How do you know?” Rosé asked.

   “Your highness, you're beautiful and very much easy to recognize.” The lady answered.

   Rosé looked away, trying to hide her face, freaking out thinking that the woman might hand her over to the guards.

   The woman held her cold hands out and grabbed Rosé’s hands, she pulled them away from her face which made Rosé look at her.

   “I won’t let anyone near you, but you would have to be careful since my husband is one of the guards on petrol.” The woman said, letting go off of Rosé’s hands. “If you are to be comfortable, I could take you to my daughter’s house who lives in a farm house a couple of miles away.”

   Hearing this made young Rosé smile, happy to know that the old woman would be willing to do anything just to keep her away from the guards.

   “I’d like to stay with you, if there is no problem.” Rosé said, making the old woman chuckle.

   “I won’t mind, your highness.”

   “Just Rosé, please.” Rosé said, uncomfortable with the whole ‘your highness’ thing, it was a common calling name for Rosé back at the palace, but now outside of it, free from the strict rule of her kingdom, she’d very much just go by her name and not be considered as royalty.

   “I’m Aninia.” The lady smiled. “Let’s get you freshened up.” Aninia grabbed Rosé’s hand and led her to a bathroom.

   It was all wood made, there was a toilet, a sink and a tub. Aninia let go off of Rosé’s hand.

   “You can take off the clothes, I have warm water that I had boiling for myself, and I’ll bring it for you so you can take a bath.”

   “Thank you so much for the generosity.” Rosé said. Aninia smiled before she turned around and left the bathroom, closing the wooden door behind her.

   Rosé stood there before she sat on the covered toilet, taking off her shirt, the white strips of her legs and the black boots and put them in a corner. As she took off her clothes, Rosé heard a knock on the door.

   She got up and opened the door to see Aninia with a metal pot, which she held it using a cloth. Rosé moved out of the way, Aninia came in and more the warm water into the bathtub.

   Aninia put the pot down along with the cloth and turned to Rosé.

   “Should I take your clothes?” Aninia asked.

   “Oh thank you.” Rosé said, she picked up her dirty clothes from the ground except for her boots and handed them to Aninia. “I hope I don’t cause trouble.”

   “Don’t worry, you won’t.” Aninia said, smiling. Rosé nodded her head. “Now, have a warm bath, I will bring you extra clothes in a bit.”

   Rosé nodded and walked over to the tub, Aninia walked to the door and left the bathroom.

   Rosé took off her undergarments and slipped into the tub filled with warm water.

   She happily sighed and moaned, getting a warm bath after such a long time.