29

Rosé heard screams coming from outside, her head snapped to the balcony and back to the princess who was freaking out.

   Rosé got up from the bed and rushed to the balcony glass doors. She yanked at the handles but the doors didn’t open.

   The room doors shot open. Rosé and the princess looked towards the door as the soldiers of Purkia walked in with their shields protecting their bodies and their swords stretched out from the side.

   Some went for the bed while some came for Rosé. They both didn’t move looking around for a weapon, when suddenly they looked up due to the many sounds of steel and bodies thudding against the floor.

   There was a creature in the middle, its horns and wings out as she glared at Rosé with deep red eyes.

   “Revenge is just another excuse for murder.” The creature said in a dark voice before it bolted towards Rosé.

   Rosé in a fast motion ducked and ran towards the bed, grabbing the princess’s hand before she ran out, towards where her mind might lead her.

   The winged creature flew behind them, trying to get a hold onto the two girls. The princess got faster, even though her high heels were hurting her feet.

   The princess pulled Rosé into a pink themed hallway and straight towards a blue and black wooden door.

    There were soldiers of both sides fighting each other, but a soldier noticed the girls and quickly opened the grand doors for them.

   The two ran past the fighting soldiers and into the big white and light blue themed throne room.

   They saw many soldiers fighting against each other, a clash of light blue and black. They rushed towards the middle of the throne room to see their fathers fighting in front of the throne.

   Their father’s faces turned towards them for a second before they went back to fighting. The princess let go off of Rosé’s hand and ran off to the front of the throne room.

   Rosé suddenly felt something grab her neck and choke her. She let out a silent scream as she was raised up into the air.

   She grabbed onto the hand and tried to pull it away as she looked down and saw the creature she saw from before.

   “H-he-help!” Rosé muttered out. A force came running towards them making them both fall onto the ground, sliding a few meters away.

    The hold the creature had on Rosé’s throat broke off as it fell right beside her. The creature vanished making Rosé even more confused and panicked.

   She then felt a hand grab onto her and pull her up. Rosé was now eye to eye level with Lisa. Lisa noticed the state of Rosé now.

   Her eyes shot open, black bags under her eyes, her hair was smooth as if it was combed carefully, she was in a normal village girl outfit, a few scratches on her face which had seemed like they were made from sharp plants.

   Rosé on the under hand noticed how Lisa’s hand tightly held onto her own. Lisa wasn’t wearing a hat like she normally wears, her hair was open and it looked messy.

   “Lisa…” Rosé murmured, the both stared into each other’s eyes with love.

   “Rosé...” Lisa mumbled. The two were so lost in the moment that they forgot that they were in the middle of a war.

   They slowly closed the gap between each other as Lisa’s hands went from Rosé’s down to her waist, holding on tightly. Rosé and Lisa closed their eyes while their lips met. Their soft sweet lips finally against each other’s.

   The kiss was filled with sweet love, given from both sides.

                “Death doesn’t wait.”

   Lisa’s eyes shot open, her lips disconnecting from Rosé’s. Her hands left off of Rosé’s waist and fell onto her heart.

   She stumbled back before she fell harshly on the ground, inhaling deep breaths. Rosé rushed to Lisa, noticing a black arrow pierced into Lisa’s heart. She sat next down to Lisa, who was moving around because of the pain.

   Rosé was scared to touch Lisa except that she did, she held onto Lisa’s hands which were now covered from deep red blood. Lisa’s body stopped as her eyes rolled to the back of her skull.

   “LISA!” Rosé shouted, shaking Lisa, trying to keep her awake. “SOMEONE HELP HER!” Rosé shouted.

   She looked up and saw her dad standing back a few meters away, a black wooden crossbow in his hand as he looked down at them.

   Tears started to fall from her eyes, she looked down when she felt a cold wet hand grab onto hers.

   “Rosé…” Lisa muttered.

   “No…” Rosé sobbed. Lisa faked a soft smile, trying to keep herself awake for Rosé. Her eyes were trying to roll back and her heart was giving out, yet she fought through it for Rosé.

   “I...will forever be in...Your heart…” Lisa said before the grip on Rosé loosened, her left hand falling to the side as her eyes rolled back to her skull, her heart stopped and blood stopped coming out.

   “LISA!!” Rosé shouted loudly, shaking Lisa’s already dead body. Rosé held onto Lisa’s hand tightly.

   A vast amount of tears ran down from Rosé's eyes. Rosé’s nails hit her palms, making her hiss. Her hands got sandy. She looked down and saw black dust falling from her hands and the same dust on the ground.

   There was a small red necklace laying in it. Rosé hesitantly reached out and pulled it up.

   There was a ruby shaped as a heart, connected to a black steel chain. She held the necklace tightly against her chest, she looked up and glared at her dad.

   She got up and turned around towards the other king who was standing up with the help of Alex.

   “I accept the marriage proposal, but it will not connect the two kingdoms!” Rosé said before she turned to her dad.

   “Be happy.” Rosé spat out. Her dad looked away with a sad expression. She walked towards the Kurya king and Alex.

   She turned around to her father once more, the necklace wrapped around her hand as the ruby fell down. Glaring at her dad before she turned around and walked behind the two male royals.

•°•°•°•°

   “Park Chae-young, the new queen of Kurya.” The coronation person declared, as he walked to the side letting Rosé and Alex walk forward.

   Rosé was wearing a puffy blue dress that spread from the balcony all the way to the distant door. And a white net veil covered her face.