25

Jisoo walked into a dress shop, there were many dresses hanging on bars or worn by some straw mannequins.

   There were many beautiful dresses but there was one which caught Jisoo’s eyes and was a dress on a mannequin.

   It was a black sparkly dress which came down till the waist, it had a belt on it right above the stomach; short black shorts and then knee high black boots with it; a black net fell from the waist all the way down to feet, and had net black gloves.

   Jisoo went over to the counter, the one a girl around her age stood.

   “I'd like that dress please.” Jisoo said, as kindly as she could, turning around and pointing at the black dress.

   Jisoo turned around to the girl.

   “I’m sorry miss but that is currently unavailable.” The girl said in her sweet voice.

   “I really want that dress, I came in yesterday and didn’t have money so I came today.” Jisoo said, lying. “I have to go to this funeral and that dress just caught my eyes.”

   “I-I’ll see what I can do…” The girl said. Jisoo nodded, acting out a sad and worried face.

   The girl left the counter and went somewhere before she came back in a few minutes with another woman who went to the mannequin on which the dress was. With the help of the older woman the girl took off the dress and folded its pieces.

   She then brought it to the counter and placed them in front of Jisoo.

   “Thank you, dear.” Jisoo smiled, taking out her bag in which her coins were stored. The girl nodded as she put the folded dress into the cloth bag. “How much would that be?”

   “Five coins.” The girl said.

   Jisoo opened her bag and took out five coins on the counter, she closed the bag and put it back in her leather backpack. She grabbed the cloth bag which had the dress in it.

   “Thank you.” Jisoo said before she turned around and left the shop.

   She walked around a bit before she walked into an alley which connected a lot of houses. She stopped in front of one and knocked on the wooden door, she stepped back waiting for a response.

   The door opened and it showed an older woman, who seemed to be in her eighties.

   “Lady Brown, I came in search of Kijiya.” Jisoo said.

   “Kijiya isn’t home at this moment, can I help you?” The woman asked.

   “I was hoping to meet my dear friend while I’m in town.” Jisoo said, her smile falling.

   “Is there anything I can help you with?” The woman asked.

   “I’d like to use your bathroom to change, Lady Brown.” Jisoo said.

   “I’ll allow you since you know my dear son.” The woman said. The woman stepped out of the doorway and allowed Jisoo to come in.

    Jisoo bent down because the door was short for her height, she went in and saw a cozy living room; there were brown dyed couches circled in front of a burning fireplace with handmade clay items on top.

   There were three doors, Jisoo thought two might be to the bedrooms and one might be to the store. “Please follow me.”

   The woman led Jisoo through one of the doors and into a simple yet scary black room.

   “This is Kijiya’s room, the bathroom is there, you can change here.” The woman said before she left the room, closing the door as she did.

   Jisoo shrugged before she walked to the one light brown wooden single bed. She sat on the comfy bed and sighed, she laid down on the bed and closed her eyes.

   Deciding to wait for Kijiya so they could go together to the grand ball.

•°•°•°

   Kijiya had come after a few minutes to see a girl laying on his bed, with shoes neatly placed on the sides of his bed and a cloth bag leaning against the headboard.

   He rolled his eyes thinking it might be one of those girls his mom has over but when he approached his bed he found his old childhood friend laying on the bed, fast asleep.

   He shook Jisoo awake. Jisoo slowly opened her eyes and looked at the boy.

   His green eyes looking at her, his black shoulder-length hair, the small birthmark he had on his right cheek.

   “What are you doing here?” Kijiya asked as he sat on the bed next to Jisoo. Jisoo sat up, facing him.

   “I must say, your home is pretty cozy.” Jisoo said.

   “Jisoo!” Kijiya sternly said.

   “Oh. I actually kidnapped a girl, surprisingly this whole thing of her running away concluded in Jennie getting taken to the jail.” Jisoo said. Kijiya sighed and rubbed his template before sighing. “And I need you to go with me to a ball to help me break her out.”

    Kijiya groaned, his head and back fell on the mattress, his legs still wrapped in a cross.

   “Why didn’t I expect that?” Kijiya said.

   “Please?” Jisoo asked.

   “Ok, but this is the thing I owe you after the run in with the guards.” Kijiya said, sitting back up.

   Jisoo hurriedly nodded.