5

It was near sun down when Rosé stopped and looked for a nearby place to rest.

   When she didn’t find a place, she went near a lake.

   She got off the horse, she patted the horse as she took off the bridle and threw it away in the lake, and she watched the bridle swim away in the blue water.

   She looked back at the horse and patted her.

   “You can go out in the wild if you want.” Rosé whispered. The horse whined and kicked its legs in refusal. “Ok, you can stay.” Rosé grinned. “Let’s get some sleep alright?”

   Rose let go off the horse, the horse laid down on the grass. Rosé sat down on the floor and laid her back against the horse.

   They both closed their eyes as they tried to get some rest.

•°•°•°•°

   Rosé yawned as she stretched her body. She opened her eyes and waited for the beautiful scenery, the woods, the lake, the grass;

   but she was met with a room, it was dark there, she saw old rotten iron bars and through them she saw two more cages just like the one she was in ripped pages on the ground and rotten iron chains laying here and there.

   She panicked and got up to rush to the bars but was yanked back by a chain. Rosé fell back on the iron floor, making her groan.

   She looked behind her and saw a chain connected to her right hand. She shrieked when she saw a dead body right outside the cage.

   “Oh calm down!” A voice commanded. Rosé yanked her head to the iron door of the cage and saw a girl in full black standing there.

   The girl had black hair that reached her shoulders, they weren’t properly cut, she wore a type of black leggings and a black tight crop-top, showing a stitch around her left waist, she had black eyes and a scar that went from the side of her mouth and turned up into a creepy smile.

   “Let-let me go!” Rosé said. The girl came closer to the bars and gripped on them.

   “Do you want to learn how to fight darling?” The girl asked. Rosé was confused and shook her head. “Do you know what vampires are?”

   The girl let go off of the bars and started to walk around the cage, Rosé turning around to keep an eye on the girl.

   “Y-yes.” Rosé replied.

   “Should I give you to one of them so they can feed on you?” The girl asked, she stopped walking and looked at Rosé. Rosé gulped and shook her head.

   “Two options girl, choose one or I’ll kill you right. In. This. Cage.” The girl threatened.

   “I umm…” Rosé hummed, thinking carefully about the choices she was given: either get eaten by a vampire, or learn to fight for this person. After some thinking Rosé finally looked up at the girl and said, “Fighting.”

   The girl smiled and walked around the cage and opened the door.

   “Run away and I will kill you on the spot.” The girl threatened as she walked over to the chain and unlocked the iron cuff on her. She threw the chain away and helped Rosé up.

   “Why-why me?” Rosé asked, as she was being pulled up the girl.

   “Don’t know, my friend brought you in. So you might want to ask her.” The girl said.

   The girl let go off of Rosé’s hand and introduced herself, “I’m Jennie.”

   “I’m Rosé…” Rosé hesitantly said.

   “Where have I heard that name before?” Jennie asked. She shrugged after she took time to think, still not getting where she heard the name. “Anyway, ‘Rosé’, welcome to your new home.”

   Jennie left the cage and had Rosé follow her.