26

Luckily for Jisoo it was an open ball but still the guards checked the people and asked them their names.

   Kijiya and Jisoo walked into the hall after telling a guard their names.

   Jisoo wrapped her hand around Kijiya's bent arm. Trying to look at a couple who came to see the baby princess, not two friends who met once in a while who came to break a prisoner out.

•°

   On the other hand Kai was looking around the now filled ballroom, trying to slip through the guards and go find Jennie but sadly because of the doubled security, Kai couldn’t find any exit that wasn’t protected by the guards.

   A waiter passed by Kai who had glasses of wine on a tray he held. Kai looked around the ballroom, looking at the features of the ballroom; it was in light blue color, there were long thick white pillars, and white nets falling from the balcony which ran from the left door all the way through the ballroom to the right door.

   The only way up was through the stairs on the other opposite side of the doors.

   Kai looked at the stairs and saw the King and the Queen descend the stairs as the queen held a ball of cloth against her chest, probably her baby.

   Kai started to walk towards the stairs when he bumped into people. The girl groaned and the boy quickly held onto the girl.

   “I am so sorry!” Kai apologized, standing in front of the couple. The girl stood up straight and looked at Kai.

   “You!” She said.

   “Jisoo?” Kai asked.

   “You two know each other?” The boy asked.

   “Kijiya, this is one of the weaklings I kidnapped.” Jisoo said, looking between Kai and Kijiya.

   “Please tell me Jennie escaped.” Kai mumbled. Jisoo’s head snapped to Kai looking at him with a confused face.

   “She didn’t. Why do you care?” Jisoo asked.

   “No time to answer, we have to find Jennie.” Kai said, he held onto Jisoo’s hand and pulled her into a corner, Kijiya following them as he held onto Jisoo’s other hand. The three stood in an empty corner. “We need to find Jennie before they kill her or something.”

   Jisoo scoffed.

   “The pathetic human prince, trying to get his wife out of the jail which is in his kingdom.” Jisoo said.

   “I’m not the prince of this kingdom.” Kai said sternly.

   “Alright, maybe we can work together to find Jennie.” Kijiya butted in.

   “Kijiya, he’ll get us killed, he’s a prince.” Jisoo said.

   “Isn’t that a great thing?” Kijiya asked. Kai looked over them and saw that the king was going to start with the ceremony any second.

   “During the ‘announcement’ the guards will leave their posts to see the baby, standard protocol.” Kai said quickly.

   “Or we could make a-”

   “Jisoo! You’re not killing anyone.” Kijiya said.

   “Fine, we need to get past the royals.” Jisoo said, she looked at Kai and said, “You got to sneak us past.”

   “I have a plan.” Kai said.