21

Rosé had changed into warm clothes which Aninia had given her.

   It was a long brown shirt that reached till her knees, it was simple and had half sleeves, no big design on it except for the border above the stomach; underneath were white leggings which were big on her but she just rolled them up.

   She was now helping Aninia chop up some vegetables, like carrots and potatoes and all.

   It felt good and she was learning her way around with the knife with the help of Aninia.

   The two heard the door open, Rosé carefully focused on the vegetables when Aninia shot up from her place and rushed out to the door, helping her husband get his jacket off.

   Aninia and her husband sat down on the couch.

   It was weird for her husband since Aninia never sat next to him when he returned, he also heard the sound of chopping coming from the kitchen thinking that their daughter had come over.

   Aninia grabbed onto his hands, making him look right into her eyes.

   “Promise me something.” Aninia said. Her husband sighed as he nodded. “You won’t tell anyone anything and when you come in you're off guard duty.”

   Her husband nodded again, anxious to know what her wife was trying to say.

   “I found a young lady all on her own, I brought her in and after a bit I recognized her as the...Princess of Purkia.” Her husband’s eyes shot open and he was about to get up to do his duty when he was pulled back down by his wife. “I promised her I won’t let anyone get her!”

   “She has to go back!”

   “She’s more happy here than there! Ask her.” Aninia said.

   Her husband sighed before he got up and walked to the kitchen with Aninia, they saw Rosé carefully focusing on cutting the vegetables.

   “Rosé.” Aninia called making Rosé look up at her with a smile; while her husband shot a glare at Aninia before looking at the Purki princess in front of him.

   Rosé was shocked and she dropped the knife and stepped back carefully, ready to run away.

   “Your highness, I’m not going to hurt you or take you back until or unless you want.” Aninia’s husband said.

   Rosé analyzed his face for any lie before she stood straight again with a small smile.

  “Thank you.” Rosé said. “And please, just call me ‘Rosé’.”

   “As you wish, I’m Cyrus.” Aninia’s husband said.

   “Cyrus, please don’t inform others, I’m happy living away from the palace.” Rosé said.

   “Rosé, I won’t do anything that you’re against.” Cyrus said with a slight smile.

   “Let’s get dinner ready Rosé.” Aninia said to Rosé. She turned to Cyrus and said, “Get clean and ready for dinner.”

   Cyrus nodded, giving one last look at Rosé, he turned around and left. Aninia joined Rosé with the cooking.