9

It was another morning, surprisingly Rosé got her sleep fulfilled.

   She opened her eyes and looked at the beds, the girls were chatting together, in either duos or trios.

   Rosé sat up and saw a dress folded on her bed. She picked it up and looked at it.

   It was white and was really long, probably reached till her feet. Rosé put it down and took off the rag clothes and wore the white shirt.

   She got down from the bunk bed and fixed the shirt as she saw her bunk-mate laying on the bed, reading a book.

   “What is that?” Rosé asked. The girl looked at her and closed the book, she then handed it to Rosé. Rosé took it and read the title: ‘The Metamorphoses’.

   Rosé opened the book at a random page and saw some lettered words. Rosé closed it and handed it back to the girl. Rosé sat down at the feet of the bed as the girl sat up and looked at her. “I’m Rosé.”

   “I’m Evan.” The girl said. Rosé leaned back against the wall and folded her legs in a cross on the bed. “So where are you from?”

   “Purkia.” Rosé replied.

   “Luji.” Evan said.

   “That’s a long way from here.” Rosé said.

   “I actually was on a trip with my parents to Purkia. In the middle of the trip someone came and…” Evan said. “There was this whole thing, I had nowhere to go except for when Jisoo came and brought me here.”

   “I’m sorry…” Rosé murmured. “As you already know, I’m the princess. My dad wanted me to get married, I refused so now they’re having a kid, which led me to run away and Jisoo kidnapped me.” Rosé said, “But this is a little better rather than to take princess lessons.”

   “It must be.” Evan laughed. “Ugh, lessons sound so annoying.”

   “They were.” Rosé giggled. “Umm...Who’s Jisoo?”

   “Well she’s the one who brought us food. She’s the right hand of Lizzy, beings in girls and boys-”

   “I don’t see any boys.”

   “Because the boys are given to Lizzy to feed on them. Anyways, Jisoo isn’t as nice as Jennie, she’s dark, mysterious, we don’t know her well since she’s always out to get food, or people or animals.” Evan said.

   “Who’s Lizzy?” Rosé asked.

   “Lizzy is a nickname for Lisa, cause we can’t really say her name more than twice in a day, you know like ‘bloody Mary’. It’s just something stupid the girls came up with. Anyways Lizzy is the vampire that we work for now, we do her stuff, she supplies us with a home. Only a few have actually stood in front of her really, some didn’t come back, some lived.” Evan replied. “She’s really deadly, I’d really recommend staying away from her.”

   “She’s the worst of the three.” Another voice said. Rosé and Evan looked up to see another girl, much younger than them. “I’m Luya.”

   “Rosé.” Rosé said. Luya sat on the bunk bed in front of them.

   “If you do something bad, you’re taken to her and then she feeds on you until you die, in our words it's called a ‘slow death’. No matter what you do she won’t stop once she starts.”

   “How do you know?” Rosé asked.

   “My sister…” Luya said. “She went against Jennie and tried to kill her and Jisoo. She was locked in another room, we only saw her when we ate, I was around ten at the time.”

   Rosé was shocked to hear that the girl had been so young since she was here.

   “Every day she looked paler, she told me that Lizzy fed on her until she passed out, I didn’t want that so I never fought for my sister, I regret it now. A day came when we didn’t see her anymore, some supposed she ran away, or got killed or even died because of Lizzy…” Luya finished telling her story.

   “That’s…” Rosé said but trailed off. “How did you end up here?”

   “We were sold...Sold by our parents at an auction in Pargyu, which Lizzy attended.” Luya simply said. There was a moment of silence between the three girls. “And Jennie is better than the two, she’s the one who takes care of us, yet she’s deadly since she’s the best killer of the three.”

   “The ‘smile’ scar is actually a sign of her gratitude towards Lizzy, that’s what some girls say. Another saying is that Lizzy made it because she’s always serious and never smiles. Another saying is that her father did that when she was a kid.” Evan said. “Nobody’s sure and Jennie never talks about it.”

   “Thank you for the information.” Rosé said.

   “No problem.” Evan and Luya said at the same time.

   “Anyways, why didn’t Jennie wake us up?” Rosé asked.

   “Oh that’s because it’s like a ‘rest day’ for all of us, it’s once a week.” Luya said. “We are free to do anything, inside this room. We have to wait until noon when Jennie comes to take us outside in the air.”

   Rosé nodded, trying to store all the information she was given about things. The door opened and Jennie came in.