8

“Who’s the new kid?” they heard a dark voice ask.

   Jennie and the rest of the girls looked up at a balcony. There was a girl, one that felt Rosé felt was familiar.

   The other was standing on the railing, wearing a cowboy hat. The girls except for Rosé all looked down as Jennie and Rosé looked at the balcony.

   The girl with the hat was wearing a black dress with a red vest on top of it, she had wavy black hair, there were highlights of blonde in some hairs; black bangs falling right above her eye brows.

   Her straight face seemed scary, but it seemed attractive to Rosé. Her eyes were black, where humans had white. There was a small circle in the color of blood red with another in the middle of it.

   “She is.” Jennie pointed towards Rosé. The hat girl who was looking at Jennie now looked at Rosé. A girl leaned towards Rosé.

   “She’s Lisa, the vampire.” The girl said before standing back straight. Rosé looked away from Lisa and towards Jennie.

   “Continue!” Lisa commanded.

•°•°•°•

   It was near seven PM when the girls had stopped training how to fight. The girl from before, the one that stood with Lisa came outside with a glass, a bottle of water, and some bowls with food in them, along with spoons.

   The girls except for Rosé all went and collected their food, and took the water they were offered by Jennie. Rosé got up and walked towards the two girls who were talking.

   The girl beside Jennie smirked.

   “Third time I see you.” The girl said. “Wonder why the captain would take you by himself all the way to the gate.” The girl got closer to Rosé. “Are you his daughter or something?”

   “She’s the princess.” Jennie butted in. The girl looked at Jennie and then back at Rosé.

   “No wonder I got checked at the post today.” The girl said.

   She took off the last bowl, threw the iron tray away and handed the bowl to Rosé. Jennie filled a glass with water and handed it to Rosé, who took it and chugged it down.

   “No one gets special treatment here princess. You’re one of the few.” The girl said, referring to the dress. Rosé handed the glass back to Jennie as the girl said, “I’m Jisoo.” Rosé’s eyes shot open and she looked at Jisoo.

   “You were at the gate.” Rosé said.

   “Yes, princess, too bad I find you.” Jisoo scoffed. Jisoo leaned down, grabbed the tray and walked inside.

   Rosé plopped down and started to dig into the food without any other thought.

•°•°•°•

   After everyone had finished with the food, Jennie led the girls to the room, gave them the same white rags and gave them water once more, and took anyone to the bathroom who wanted to use them.

   Rosé didn’t want to go to the bathroom, she was scared, but still walked up to Jennie and asked her to take her.

   “All right! Bedtime.” Jennie said. She took hold of Rosé’s cold hand and led her to the bathroom.

   She opened the door and told Rosé to go in.

   The bathroom was dirty, it looked old. There was a hole in the ground and a wooden pipe leading down into the ground. There was a bottle with water in it.

   “Good luck.” Jennie said as she left Rosé in the dirt room. She closed the door and waited outside for Rosé.

•°•°•°

   After a bit Rosé stumbled out. Jennie looked at her and took hold of her hands.

   She led them to another room where there was a hole and another bottle, but it was much cleaner than the one before. Jennie told Rosé to squat down, which she did.

   Jennie handed a soap bar to Rosé, Rosé took it and started to rub it on her hands. Jennie then poured some water from the bottle onto Rosé’s soapy hands.

   Rosé placed the soap onto a pan before she washed her hands with the water Jennie supplied.