four

It had been a really long day at the office for Lisa. She had gotten stuck in meeting after meeting. It wasn't what she had had in mind when she told her father that she would step in as CEO in his absence. Really she wanted to get back to practicing law but she loved her father and would do anything to help the family.

Her leg was still sore but sitting all day wasn't her style so she decided to walk the short distance to her condo in the city. She had bought it for nights like this when she was too tired to drive back to Laguna. It helped that her best friend lived in L.A. so it made for a good excuse to stay.

"Hey, Long Legs." She smiled and hugged her best friend as they stood out front of the restaurant they had agreed to meet at. "I do love getting your last-minute dinner invitations but I hope you know I expect to hear about that leg of yours and how a certain blonde doctor stitched you up."

"Did you get a table, Jennie?" Lisa asked as her stomach grumbled.

"No, I just got here." Lisa gave her a look. "What? I was out with Kai."

"But we're gonna have to wait and I'm hungry."

"Suck it up, Commander." She hated that nickname but Jennie had started calling her that when they were little and it stuck.

Lisa rolled her eyes as Jennie held the door open for her. "Have you heard from her at all?" Jennie nodded as they walked up to the front desk. "For two please." Lisa smiled at the hostess.

"It'll be about ten minutes if that's okay." The hostess said with a smile.

"That's fine." She turned back to her friend and folded her arms across her chest. "Well..."

"Nothing really to tell she was letting me know she was in town and that if it was okay with you and I wanted to grab coffee to let her know."

"And do you?"

"Do I what? Want to see someone who was one of my best friends, even though her perky nature drives me crazy."

"She's not perky."

Jennie laughed as Lisa stood up for her ex. "Old habits die hard, don't they? That's a change in tune from the 'we hate Chaeyoung Park' phase."

"I'm trying to be mature and I guess this is her home too. It can't be easy to come back after being gone for so long."

"You're totally into her still." Jennie realized as they were escorted to their table. "She's still that attractive eh?" The smaller woman wiggled her eyebrows as they sat down.

"I'm not into her, I'm in a committed relationship and have been for almost three years. When are you going to accept Niki?"

Jennie shrugged, she had struggled with Chaeyoung and Lisa's breakup almost as much as Lisa had. "I accept it, I've just seen you really happy Lisa, and as happy as you have convinced yourself you are, there's no fire in your eyes. I told you, I support your decisions but Niki and I are never going to have the relationship Chaeyoung and I had. Especially since we all grew up together, don't forget it was me that used to invite her to your parties."

"It's okay if you want to see her. You should see her, she seems to be doing well for herself. You have my blessing." Lisa realized that Jennie was right, Chaeyoung and Jennie had been closer than her and Chaeyoung until they got to University.

An hour later the two best friends hugged once again outside of the restaurant. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?"

"It's literally three blocks away. I can handle it, thank you though."

Jennie nodded with a smile. "Before you do what you're about to just do me a favor and really think it through. Don't rush into something because you think that that's the only way to truly move on. There was a time when you would have left work or the library at 2 a.m. and still driven home, just so you could be with someone. Yet here you are at 11 p.m. about to crash at the condo because you're too tired to go home."