forty-five

"My mother just scolded me for a good half an hour, as if neither of us have better things to do. Like, you know, life saving surgeries!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as she walked through her front door and slipped her shoes off.

"What did she scold you about?" Lisa asked into the phone as Chaeyoung walked into her kitchen and made a face before hanging up her phone.

"How your parents found of first and that if I let you walk away from me again she'll kill us both and make it look like an accident."

Lisa leaned forward and kissed Chaeyoung from across the kitchen island. "She did not say that."

"She did!"

"You've always been so overdramatic." Lisa shook her head before leaning back in the chair, watching Chaeyoung move around the kitchen.

"Have not."

Lisa gave her a look. "You cried once because Hank wouldn't cuddle with you!"

"I was six, how do you even remember that?"

Lisa smiled and shrugged. "I remember a lot."

"Whatever, I'm going to change into something more comfortable."

"Oh like, nothing at all? Should I do some stretches and prepare for a long night of hot sex?" She wiggled her eyes brows at the blonde who was already half way up the stairs.

"Keep dreaming love."

XOXO

"Pajama's? That's too much clothing." Lisa whined as Chaeyoung walked back down the stairs twenty minutes later.

"Says the woman sitting in my Columbia sweater and," she paused and examined the sweat pants her girlfriend was wearing, "are those my god damn USC pants! I thought I lost those years ago!"

Lisa's cheeks turned pink as she bit the corner of her lip with a sheepish shrug. "Maybe these are mine."

Chaeyoung gave her a squared look as she sat down on the couch. "Come here then and let's find out."

"What, how?" Lisa got up and walked over to where Chaeyoung sat.

Chaeyoung spun her finger around. "Turn around." Before Lisa was facing the opposite direction she felt Chaeyoung tug at the waistband of the pants. "See, mine. The tag is cut out."

"That proves nothing." Lisa shrugged before sitting down and pulling Chaeyoung's legs on top of hers.

"I always cut the tag out of my pants because they bother me and you always laugh at me for it. Plus I bet if I put my hand in the left pocket I'd find a hole in the top corner."

"Okay, fine they're yours, but I could never find mine so I kept yours. I was going to give them back in the box of stuff I left at your parents but I decided that these needed a good home."

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes before she started laughing. "How much of my stuff will I find at your parents?"

"I have no idea, truthfully I didn't know what was mine and what was yours anymore. I'll admit it, I never fully got over you, got over us. I just sort of locked it in a box and kept it hidden away. I tried, but after the initial anger faded, there was always a small ache when your name got brought up. Especially around Christmas when I thought you might come home, I got so nervous and so anxious. It took a really long time for things to stop reminded me of you. I didn't have Petey's ice cream for a solid two years."

"You're lying. You love Petey's!" Chaeyoung reached forward and took a hold of Lisa's hand.

"I swear, two solid years, if not more. I couldn't go in there and god knows I couldn't drive up to campus for Merry Dairy's either."