eleven

Lisa instantly wrapped her arms around the blonde doctor and kissed her forehead without thinking about what she was doing. Turning around she looked at her mother who was standing beside them very confused.

"He's going to be fine, he'll need a lot of rest and a lot of time to recover but he's as tough as ever." Chaeyoung smiled. She liked when she got to give good news, especially when it was a patient she cared about. "My mom is cleaning up and then she'll be with him during recovery, you should be able to see him in the next couple of hours as long as he stays stable and I'll be here all night, and I will check in on him myself when I can."

Her face went into shock as both Manoban women wrapped their arms around her. "You're the greatest doctor in the whole world," Lisa whispered into her ear.

"That would be my mother, I only helped a tiny bit."

"You were there, he loves you like you are his own daughter and you helped more than a tiny bit Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung smiled at Chithip as Niki finally moved next to Lisa and wrapped her arms around the taller woman's waist. "I have to get back to work but if you need anything at all, please ask one of the nurses to page me, I'll come running."

They watched as Chaeyoung walked away, giving a small wave to Hyeri and Jennie before she turned the corner.

"We're going to head out, does anyone need or want anything before we do?" Jennie asked as she moved in to give Chithip and then Lisa a hug.

"No thanks dear, but thank you for staying."

Lisa shook her head as well. "Thank you both," she looked at Hyeri who nodded.

"Don't mention it."

XOXO

Two hours later Clare comes to get them but tells them that only one person is allowed in the room at a time because she's breaking hospital policy by letting anyone in. They nod and Lisa tells her mother to go in.

She's sitting in the waiting room chair, still in her dress and heels with Niki's head on her shoulder. "You should go home and get some rest."

"I'm okay, I'm not tired." Niki lifts her head off Lisa's shoulder.

"What's wrong? Dad's going to be okay?" Lisa says with a smile.

"It's nothing." Is all Niki can say.

Lisa gives her a worried look. "Talk to me, what is it?"

"I tried everything to get you to not get on that bike but you weren't listening."

Lisa's eyes softened as her hand came up to hold the side of Niki's neck. "I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking, it's all a haze to me."

"It's not that, do you know what Hyeri said to get you to step back?" Lisa shook her head and Niki could tell she was being honest. "She told you that your mother and Chaeyoung would kill you if she let you get on that bike and that she'd drive you on the bike instead."

Lisa closed her eyes and tried to remember but she couldn't. She barely remembers getting to the hospital. "I'm sorry Niki but you have to trust me when I say that there is nothing between Chaeyoung and I."

"I know, it's just the way you gravitate towards her. You don't even mean too."

"You're right and I'm sorry, I really am. It's not something I realized."

Niki nodded as she leaned her head back down on Lisa's shoulder. "I know you don't. Lately, I've been feeling like I come second like I'm the backup plan and now really isn't the time to talk about this because all that matters is that Marco is okay."