nine

Lisa meant to stay home, she meant to stay in bed but after changing into some more comfortable clothes she found herself on a slightly drunken walk. Chaeyoung's words played over and over again in her head. The hurt in her eyes bore into her soul and she couldn't erase the image. Without realizing it until she heard the creak of the wood she looked down the dock at one of her family's boat. The sailboat was always her favorite. There was something serene about it, like it didn't matter how long it took to get somewhere because the fun was in getting there.

As she got to the end of the dock where the boat was tied she noticed movement on the boat across from hers. "Come all the way down here to continue to fight? Seems like a hassle."

Lisa is shocked by the voice coming from the other boat. She silently scolds herself, she figured Chaeyoung had gone to the beach not the boat. "What are you doing here? You usually go to the beach." Yep, she's still drunk.

"I've had enough of the beach for a few days. So you actually didn't know I was here?"

"I didn't. I'll leave you to it." They weren't being nice, their words were direct and to the point but not nice.

"It's what your best at." Yep, Chaeyoung was still drunk too.

"I'm not the one that moved across the country."

"Yeah well I'm not the one who cheated on the other and took off to explore Europe. I'm also not the one who proposed to said other person, with the ring I was going to give someone else."

That was it. Lisa snapped. "I saw you with him in the restaurant. Everyone said that maybe, just maybe I was missing something and I stood up for you. Then I come to propose to you and you're kissing another guy. How the hell did you even know what I was going to do anyways and how would you know where I went afterwards and why would you care?"

Thus far she was arguing with shadows but she slowly saw Chaeyoung's figure start to appear. From the light of the dock she can see that the other woman had clearly been crying. "You should have trusted me, you should have talked to me and you didn't. You were looking for an excuse to leave because things got hard and you've never hard things be hard. Oh and I knew because the stupid guy called Hyeri while she was in the shower and I answered for her. He said that the ring was in and waiting to be picked up and that it was a great choice. He also said that she should tell you that it was a pleasure helping the both of you and that he wanted Hyeri to tell you to bring me in after you did it." The tears started to well up in her eyes and she couldn't control them from falling.

Lisa was still mad, she was still furious but seeing Chaeyoung this upset was never something that was easy for her. "I would never give anyone else that ring, that ring was yours and now it's the oceans. I meant what I said, I don't want to fight with you and we're both drunk still. You're clearly happy with him and I'm happy too so let's leave it at that. Goodnight Chaeyoung." She wanted to go home, she wanted to crawl into her bed and sleep but she was just too tired so she moved the five steps across the dock and got onto the boat. From beneath the deck she watched as Chaeyoung turned around and moved back into the shadows. She wanted to hash everything out but it hurt too badly and she had done everything in her power in the last four years to get the hurt to stop.

XOXO

USC- Junior Year

"I came home because you keep saying how we haven't spent much time together lately. Then to my surprise you aren't here when I get home because Bangchan was in town visiting. Who just so happens to be your highschool sweetheart."

"Yeah because I thought you were going to be in class and the library all night. Like you told me you were going to be. Had I known you were going to be here I would have stayed in and made dinner because I do miss you." Chaeyoung's voice quivered, she was tired, Lisa could tell. Usually Chaeyoung put up a good fight but she clearly didn't have it in her right now but Lisa was still mad and when she was mad she was extra stubborn.