thirty-five

"Hey how was your Halloween?" Lisa said with a grin on her face as she approached her favorite blonde doctor in the cafe.

"Eventful, I swear people think they can actually pull off the stunts in horror movies and expect to live through them. I can't even tell you how many surgeries I've done in the past 18 hours." As if to drive her point home Chaeyoung yawned. "You're up awfully early? Calling Tokyo again?"

Lisa smiled. "Nope."

Chaeyoung started moving her finger as she swallowed her coffee. "You got a sugar high again didn't you?"

This time the brunette laughed. "No, I'm actually on my way home. I was at the office all night going over a case for a friend. I didn't even realize what time it was." Lisa raised her eyebrow at the look Chaeyoung was giving her. "What? Why do you look so shocked?"

"You have friends?"

"A see your snarky side is out again and yes I have friends. Plenty of them, thank you."

Chaeyoung nodded with a grin. "Sure you do, I thought we ditched Mr. Snookems and Daisy when you were five."

"Really, you're going to bring that up?" Chaeyoung continued to smile. "Rude."

"Walk with me, before I fall asleep standing." Chaeyoung said as she turned on her heels and exited the building surprised that Lisa was keeping up with her. "I see the New York style is starting rub off on you."

"That it is. Where are we walking to, isn't your place, that way?"

Chaeyoung sipped her coffee. "That it is."

Another four blocks later. "Are you going to tell me where we're walking to exactly?" Lisa finally asked. Chaeyoung pointed up and Lisa shook her head. "Seriously?"

"Duty calls. I'm on call still but thanks for the walk. It's nice to have some great eye candy, especially since I didn't get any of the real kind last night." Chaeyoung winked as she backed up towards the hospital doors.

"If candy is what you want, I can definitely help you with that." Lisa grinned before winking.

"Have a good day Lis." Chaeyoung waved over her head before she felt soft fingers brush across her wrist. "Yeah?" She turned around, her heart beating faster than it should, completely unsure of what Lisa was about to do.

"You staying home for thanksgiving?"

Chaeyoung nodded. "Yeah I have that stupid hospital fundraiser."

"Will you come over for dinner then? I'll cook."

"What happened to all those friends of yours?"

Lisa leaned in closer, her lips brushing against Chaeyoung's ear as she spoke. "The most beautiful one is the only one I make dinner for."

It was corny, Chaeyoung knew it was corny but she couldn't help the butterflies that were flying around in her stomach. "Dinner sounds good so long as the football game is on!"

"It will be, M-Dude would be pissed at me if I let you miss the game." Chaeyoung couldn't help but smile at the way Lisa still used her dad's nickname. "And remember Park, those little guys are on speed-dial, I can make them happen whenever I want." She winked with a laugh as Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and walked into the hospital.

"Stupid butterflies." She mumbled as she got onto the elevator.

"Stupid what now?" Wendy asked causing her to snap her head up.

Chaeyoung huffed. "Nothing, next time make your presence known."

"Grumpy, I guess Lisa didn't give you a quickie on your break."