twenty-six

a.n. oke now its all coming together finally :))

Lisa quietly sat down next to Chaeyoung after the blonde had been missing for about twenty minutes. She silently handed her a glass of wine before looking up at the sky with the girl.

Chaeyoung finally looked over at her with a smile before looking back out at the city lights. "How'd you know I was up here?"

"I'm smarter than I look." Lisa chuckled as she bumped her shoulder against Chaeyoung's.

"This is your get away from the world place, at least in New York."

"And yours is on the beach near the pier by my house, at least in Laguna." Lisa laughed with a smile and waited until Chaeyoung was ready to speak. "I just went from hating my birthday to loving it in the span for a second. It's a little overwhelming to have everyone I care about in the same room. That sounds really weird but it's just a lot of emotion."

Lisa shook her head. "I totally get it, being pulled in twenty different directions at once but overall, surprised?"

"Very much so. I don't know how Hyeri managed to keep it a secret or where she came up with the idea but I definitely owe her one now." Chaeyoung smiled as she looked at Lisa and tried to read her reaction. "It was really nice of her to invite your parents too and for them to come."

"My parents love you, almost as much as they love me. Actually, sometimes I think they love you more."

"They were never close with Niki?"

Lisa shook her head. "No, I mean they were friendly and welcoming but that bond was never there. It's always been different, you know that."

"My dad used to go and watch your soccer games so it's only fair that your parents are close with me."

"I remember that." Lisa laughed. "I'm pretty sure our dads were more like my soccer moms than any of the actual moms there."

Chaeyoung nodded and Lisa could see the tears welling up in her eyes as she looked up at the sky. Without thinking about it Lisa wrapped her arm around Chaeyoung as the other woman rested her head against Lisa's shoulder. "You knew that was why I came up here didn't you?" Chaeyoung finally said a couple minutes later.

"You're an open book at this point." Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow without raising her head off Lisa's shoulder. "Don't worry I'm the only person who has a copy of it."

"Thank you."

"No need for thanks."

Chaeyoung leaned back and finally moved to stand up. "Shut up and accept it." She chugged back the glass of wine Lisa had brought her and smiled. "I guess I should get back inside before they think I've escaped and send a search party." Lisa grinned as she stood up without saying a word. "Wait, you were the search party."

Lisa grinned with a shrug. "I volunteered."

"Easy Katniss."

"Wait." Lisa stopped her before she reached for the door causing Chaeyoung turn to around as Lisa took a step closer to her. "Happy birthday Chaeyoung."

Without warning, Chaeyoung threw her arms around Lisa and brought her in for a tight hug. "I kind of thought you forgot."

"Hyeri told me. I could never forget your birthday. It was always the hardest time of year. Every year at midnight I would grab my phone on reflex or something and go to text you but I just could never bring myself to."

"So this year you show up with Orchid(the motorcycle) and make me pay for my own damn late-night breakfast?" Chaeyoung grinned and her and Lisa stood in close proximity.