forty-three

Lisa unlocked the door to Chaeyoung's apartment after a long day of work and immediately headed upstairs to Chaeyoung's bedroom to change out of her work clothes and have a quick shower. It had been a long couple of days and all she wanted to do before the crazy weekend that was fast approaching was cook dinner and hopefully get to eat it with her girlfriend.

When she came back downstairs she turned the stereo on and picked the playlist she wanted. Walking into the kitchen she sorted through the bag of groceries she had brought with her. It had been too long since she had been able to cook a nice dinner that consisted of more than warmed-up leftovers and macaroni and cheese. Not that there was anything wrong with a little kraft dinner. Instead, she opted to make a nice pasta dinner with her special rose sauce. (;) i- need to get off of this my mind has been corrupted)

An hour later she was so consumed with cooking that she hadn't heard the door open. "I got sunshine, on a cloudy day. When it's cold outside I got the month May. I guess you say what can make me feel this way. My girl." She continued to sing without turning around.

"Holy shit!" She jumped once she saw Niki suddenly standing on the other side of the kitchen counter. Grabbing the remote she turned the stereo down. "I'm sorry I keep forgetting you're staying with Chaeyoung."

Niki could only laugh. "It's fine, interesting way to end a day though. It's only after staying with Chaeyoung that I've realized how crazy you two are."

"She's been singing around the house after hasn't she?"

"I don't think she's ever stopped. I swear every time I walk in the door and she's here, she's singing. Which isn't that often but still, every time."

Lisa smiled. "She does that a lot."

Niki nodded. "Look at you being all domestic though."

"She's had a long week, I figured she needed a proper meal." Lisa held up the bottle of wine to Niki but the woman shook her head no.

"I've been telling her that but like you she doesn't listen and no thanks I just came in to change. I have a dinner meeting that I'm actually going to go and get ready for."

XOXO

Not long after Niki went upstairs Lisa felt arms wrap around her waist. "As pretty as you are you know you could have been a flower." Lisa sang as she leaned her head back to kiss her girlfriend.

"If good looks was a minute, you know that you could be an hour." Chaeyoung sang back as Lisa set the spoon down and turned around.

"The way you stole my heart you know you could have been a cool crook. And baby you're so smart, you know you could have been a school book." They danced around the kitchen for a couple of minutes before Lisa stopped to stir her sauce.

"I'm going to go change, I'll be back." Chaeyoung winked before tapping Lisa's butt with a laugh.

Twenty minutes later Chaeyoung came back downstairs, freshly showered and in a pair of sweat pants.

"I know you wanna leave me, but I refuse to let you go. If I have to beg, plead for your sympathy I don't mind 'cause you mean that much to me. Ain't to proud to beg."

Chaeyoung could only shake her head as she sat on the counter and watched Lisa finish cooking. "You should really stick to rapping."

They heard a laugh coming from down the hall. "Yeah, and you should definitely leave the singing to Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung laughed with a nod as she gave Niki a high-five. "Rude. This is to awkward for me, maybe I should leave and let you two have dinner." Lisa joked as she sipped on her glass of wine.