twenty-three

a.n. ill be updating every day since behind the stars is over :((

"What do you mean you haven't told her yet?" Jennie groaned from her end of the phone.

"I'm not just going to spit that out, isn't it enough that I told her Niki and I broke up."

Jennie rolled her eyes and even though Lisa couldn't see her it was as if she could hear it from across the country. "No it's not enough! You're such a stubborn idiot!"

"I'm pretty sure we've established that, several times over. I'll tell her, eventually."

"If you don't, I will."

"Jennie, it's really not that big of a deal."

"Yes, it is! Fine, as usual, don't listen to me!"

Lisa couldn't help but laugh. "I won't but I'm going to bed, it's late and I work in the morning."

She heard Jennie huff. "Okay, bye, love you, even though you're an idiot."

"Love you too." She shook her head as she hung up her phone and stared at the ceiling of her hotel room.

XOXO

New York – One Month Later

Lisa smiled politely at the barista as she took her morning coffee and walked over to the nearby table to add her cream and sugar.

"Back in New York for business so soon?"

Lisa nearly jumped out of her skin and the sound of the woman's voice in her ear. "Christ Hyeri, way to scare a girl."

Hyeri leaned against the counter and laughed as she sipped on her coffee. "How long has it been?"

"What?" Lisa questioned as she moved out of the way.

"How long has it been since you moved to New York?"

Lisa's face went flush. "I'm in town on business."

Hyeri shook her head. "See this little badge here, it means I'm not entirely stupid. This is the coffee shop you used to visit when you were in town for a couple days, now seeing as though it's near my place and out of the way of the hotel that you were staying at, I'm certain that no one visiting for business has the time to trek across town to get coffee. Not even important CEO types."

"You got all that from me getting coffee? And how do you know what hotel I'm staying at?"

Hyeri grinned as they both sat down on the same couch. "I'm just that good, plus a little birdie told me you secretly moved here. Which I'm pissed about because I didn't get a call asking me to go for a workout."

"Would this little birdie's name be Jisoo? Because I swear if she tells Chaeyoung I will kill her!"

Hyeri hummed and shook her head. "I don't want to hear this! And no the little birdies name was Jennie."

Lisa threw her arms up in the air. "Seriously! Why do I tell her anything, she's supposed to be my best friend."

"She also told me Niki dumped your ass."

Lisa looked around the busy coffee shop before looking back at Hyeri. "Is there anything she didn't tell you and shouldn't you be, I don't know, working?"

Hyeri shook her head. "Shouldn't you?"

"My meeting doesn't start for another two hours and now I'm going to need to stop by a bar because this coffee isn't strong enough. I don't miss having you ruin my mornings."

Hyeri laughed as she recalled the many times she and Lisa would bother Lisa while she read the morning newspaper. "Bullshit, you love it and you love me, otherwise you would have already gotten up and left. I also heard you took Chaeyoung Kent out for dessert, romantic."