thirty-seven

"I'll help you clean up." Chaeyoung said as she watched Lisa stand up from her seat at the table and grab a few of the plates.

"It's okay Chaeyoungy, relax, you've had a long flight." She smiled as Marco and shook her head.

Picking up a few plates she grinned and stood next to Lisa's father. "And you're recovering from heart surgery, doctors orders, you're the one that needs to be relaxing."

He looked to his wife for support but she simply sat back in her chair with a glass of wine in her hand. He then looked to Clare who shook her head, a smile on her face. "I have to agree with Dr. Park, she is a medical professional."

"It sounds so fancy when you say it like that." Chithip said with a grin as she smiled at Chaeyoung.

"Kind of weird right, who would have thought I'd grow up to be a doctor." Chaeyoung laughed as she started to move towards the kitchen.

"Everyone thought that, especially after you used to be in the Emergency Room with your stuffed animals. A little weird for an eight-year-old but I guess it's paid off." Lisa said as she came back for the rest of the dishes.

It didn't take long for laughter to erupt, filling the entire house. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and moved past Lisa into the kitchen.

Everyone was sitting in the living room watching a Christmas movie when Chithip finally set her eggnog down and looked over at her daughter. "So tell me more about this crush!"

Lisa looked over at her mother and shook her head. "How long have you been wanting to ask me that?"

"All night." Her mother smiled, finally admitting the truth.

"Nothing really to tell, I met her at a bar, we hit it off."

Her parents shared a look that didn't go unnoticed. "How long ago was this?"

Lisa thought for a second. "A couple of weeks ago, a week ago. I don't really remember but we vibed really well."

"You vibed?" Her father asked looking at Chaeyoung for clarification.

"There was a lot of chemistry." Chaeyoung leaned over and whispered in his ear causing him to nod in understanding.

Lisa couldn't help but smile as her parents looked back and forth at each other, then her and Chaeyoung. "We haven't even gone on a real date yet. It's all very fresh. Speaking of, it's technically Christmas in New York, I should go call her." Lisa smiled as she stood up and walked towards her bedroom upstairs.

Chithip was in disbelief. "How about you Chaeyoung, anyone special?"

Chaeyoung smiled and she was well aware by the look Chithip and Marco gave her that they knew it was someone that was making her smile the way she was. Before she could answer however, her phone buzzed in her lap pulling her attention away from the conversation at hand.

Lisa Manoban: Merry New York Christmas!! xo

Chaeyoung grinned as she read the message and before she realized what she was doing she looked up to see everyone looking at her.

"Didn't you just meet someone at a bar?" Her mother asked, almost making her choke on her eggnog, instantly making her wish that it was stronger.

"You'll have to be more specific, I meet a lot of people at bars. Hyeri and JB are trying to marry me off."

"I haven't heard about this yet," Lisa smirked as she walked back into the room.

Chaeyoung shrugged and looked down at her phone, playing it off. "Nothing to really tell, I didn't even give her my number so who knows if I'll ever see her again."