forty

a.n. :'(( its almost over there 6 chapters left 

"It's been two months, you're happier than a pig in shit. I don't understand what you're waiting for Chaeyoung?"

"I'm just not ready to fully commit. Why are you on my ass about it?"

Hyeri rolled her eyes as she reached her hand into the bowl of popcorn Chaeyoung was holding. "You spend more time at her place than you do your own and you're great for each other. Plus she's still trying to romance you, which if I recall the story correctly is what you did to her the first time around. She's proving herself to you, stop being a little bitch."

At her last statement, Chaeyoung swatted Hyeri's hand away from her bowl. "For starters, I am not at her my place more than I'm here, it just happens to be closer to the hospital that I spend the majority of my time at and I like to sleep. I'd sleep there but you yell at me when I do that. I know she's trying, I can see, I can feel it but I'm just not there yet. I love her, I've always loved her but I don't know if I'm in love with her. Oh and I'm not a little bitch!"

"Chaeyoung that's the whole point in dating, to fall in love with someone, you aren't supposed to fall in love and then date!"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "It's just not that simple, there's a lot of history, and taking it slow is the way to go."

"You're hopeless!" (i lowkey agree)

XOXO

"Hi you?" Lisa smiled as she entered her condo and found Chaeyoung sitting on the couch typing away on her laptop as the television played in the background.

"Hey, sorry to barge in but Hyeri has decided to commandeer my place for some party she's throwing.

Lisa let out a laugh as she took her coat off and kissed the top of Chaeyoung's head. "You mean her birthday party?"

"Is it that time of year again already?" Chaeyoung grinned as she leaned her head back against the back of the couch.

"I believe it is because she keeps mentioning it," Lisa yelled from the bedroom as she changed into her pajamas.

Chaeyoung shook her head even though she knew no one could see her. "That would explain why she keeps asking for things for her birthday."

"Oh, and what is it she wants this year, outside of everything?" Lisa asked as she sat back down on the couch next to Chaeyoung. Looking over with an eye roll Chaeyoung once again shook her head. "She's worse than Jisoo and Jennie!" Lisa laughed knowing exactly what Hyeri had asked for. "What are you working on?" She questioned, knowingly changing the subject to put Chaeyoung at ease.

"Research, school never really stops when you're a doctor, we're always working on new things. This is about bone marrow and finding better ways to extract it so that it's less painful for the donor. How was work because you look like shit?" Chaeyoung smiled as she looked over at Lisa who looked like a dead corpse.

"Why did I give you a key to my place? You say the nicest things to me."

Chaeyoung leaned her head back and laughed as she closed the laptop and leaned over to kiss Lisa. "Probably because you didn't trust Hyeri with them."

"Hmm, probably. Work was alright, just tiring. I hate board meetings, their so long and drawn out. Everyone trying to speak about something, half the time I don't pay attention. I don't know how my grandpa used to do it when there were no such things as smartphones."

"You poor millionaire you." Chaeyoung laughed as Lisa laid her head down on her lap.

"Why do I like you?" (bc she hot af)