twenty-five

"What are we gonna do for my bitches birthday?" Hyeri laughed as she and Lisa ran through the park.

"You're asking me this why?" Lisa answered with the shake of her head as they stopped to buy some water.

"It's her dirty thirty I figured we needed to go big."

"You just wanted to say dirty thirty didn't you?" Hyeri nodded happily as they both chugged back half their bottles of water. "Mark doesn't have anything planned?"

"Hell if I know, I've met him twice. I think he's scared of me and I think Chaeyoung is scared to bring him around Jae-bom and me."

"That's probably a wise choice for obvious reasons."

Hyeri shrugged. "You were never scared of me."

"I was around before you two got close, and you didn't have a gun when we first met."

Hyeri raised an eyebrow. "Yes I did and a tazer but who's paying attention to details."

"And you all wonder why I don't sleep. Anyways, shouldn't you be asking her other friends? She seems to have enough of that, I can't keep up. I'm trying to learn all their names from when she talks about them but I mostly end up nodding my head."

"They'll all tell her plus you've been spending the most time with her lately."

"I have not." Hyeri looked at her running partner. "Okay, so we've gone out a few times."

"A few? It's like every other day Lis Luther. Either on her lunch break or for dinner and late-night coffee."

Lisa blushed slightly, not realizing just how much time she and Chaeyoung had been spending together. "To be fair, you and her are the only people I really know here. It's been kind of nice getting to know you both again."

"Mhmm, you can peel your lips off my ass now."

"You seriously need to stop talking to Jennie and Jisoo." At the mention of her friend's names, Lisa's eyes lit up.

"Oh shit, I know that look and I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it." Lisa smiled and wiggled her eyebrows as she threw her water bottle out and took off running leaving Hyeri to groan and chase after her.

XOXO

Laguna Beach - 4.5 Years Ago

Chaeyoung took a deep breath before reaching forward and pressing the doorbell. It felt weird for more than one reason but she couldn't remember the last time she had rang the doorbell at the Manoban house. Even before her and Lisa had started dating she was always told to walk right in and would get into some serious trouble when she didn't.

She waited for a minute before she heard the sound of footsteps inching closer to the front door. She held her breath unintentionally as the doorknob turned and only let it out once she saw Chithip standing in front of her.

"Chaeyoung! It's so good to see you sweetie! Please come in." Chaeyoung nodded trying to hold back the tears.

"Hi. Sorry to stop by with no warning."

"Oh please honey, you don't ever need to apologize for coming over. Especially when you live across the country!" Once again Chaeyoung found herself nodding as her throat started to dry up. "Marco isn't home but he should be home shortly."

Chaeyoung sat gingerly on the chair in front of the island in the kitchen as Chithip went to the fridge and poured her a glass of water. "Is she home?" Chaeyoung finally had the courage to ask.

"I'm afraid she isn't." Before the first tear could fall from Chaeyoung's eyes Chithip's arms were around her. It wasn't long after that that Chaeyoung broke down in the older woman's arms.