thirty-six

Chaeyoung felt terrible, so incredibly terrible as she looked back at the sleeping brunette. She had always found Lisa to be entirely too cute as she slept. Sadly duty called, and Chaeyoung had to rush off. It wasn't that she wanted to, she really wanted to wake up next to Lisa and see how things went but apparently, life was not about giving her what she wanted. She pulled her dress back on quickly got ready as quietly as she could before leaving Lisa's new condo.

A half hour later she walked into the attendings dressing room only to groan once she saw her friends getting ready. "Well, well if it isn't the Great Park. Seems like someone is doing the walk of shame today." Wendy laughed as Chaeyoung walked towards her locker and started to pull her dress off and put her scrubs on. "It's not a walk of shame if you aren't ashamed of it, smart ass."

"So you and Lisa." Yeri winked with a laugh as Chaeyoung shook her head and traded her heels for a pair of running shoes.

"There is no me and Lisa, we just sometimes fall into bed together."

Wendy raised an eyebrow. "You fall into bed?" Chaeyoung nodded. "If that's what you kids are calling it these days. Does that mean you'll finally go home to California for Christmas."

"California isn't home, this is home and it depends on my schedule."

"Bullshit Chaeyoung, we all know you never wanted to go back to Laguna for Christmas because you didn't want to ruin it by running into your ex and her fiancé. I don't think that's an issue any longer." Yeri grinned as Chaeyoung put her hair up into a ponytail.

"I don't like either of you right now." Chaeyoung said as she walked out of the room.

XOXO

Chaeyoung groaned as she went through her entire closet only to realize that everything she wanted to wear was dirty and she didn't have time to go out an buy a whole new wardrobe. Her washer had been broken for two weeks and for those two weeks she'd been practically living out of the hospital. Huffing she threw on her last somewhat clean pair of scrubs and threw some clothes into a bag and headed off to her old stomping ground.

A half an hour later she sat in the back of the old Laundromat on a table. She knew she should probably use a chair but they were at the front of the place and she was not. She listened to the hum of the machines as she sketched in her book. Something she hadn't had much time to do lately.

"You know they say tables are for glasses, not asses." Chaeyoung looked up from her sketchbook and raised an eyebrow.

"Are you stalking me?"

Lisa laughed and pointed towards the washing machine she was leaning against. "No, wish I was, sounds like fun."

"Since when does a hot shot CEO do her own laundry?"

Lisa pretended to think for a minute. "Since college." Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh at the truth to Lisa's comment. "You know I like doing laundry. I haven't seen you here before." Lisa added.

Chaeyoung nodded as Lisa leaned against the table next to her. "You have you just didn't know it was here. This place has had many long distance face time calls." Chaeyoung grinned as she closed her book. "My washer broke and I haven't had time for anyone to come and fix it." Lisa nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry I haven't called, things have been insane at the hospital."

Lisa grinned and gently patted Chaeyoung's leg. "You don't have to apologize Rosie, life gets busy. I get that and but it's not going to scare me away." She looked over her shoulder and winked. "Besides I'm your in for Rangers tickets."

Chaeyoung laughed. "That's true, I can't be getting rid of my supplier."

"Exactly."

They spent the next couple hours talking about nothing in particular. Mostly catching up on what they had been doing in the last two weeks since the fundraiser. Chaeyoung told Lisa about some of the surgeries she'd done and the hospital gossip. Lisa told Chaeyoung how she was getting ready to write the New York Bar so that she could practice in her spare time. Although they both laughed, knowing Lisa didn't have a whole lot of that.