fourteen

"She seriously thought you and my brother were together, behind her back? That you of all people were cheating on her?" Chaeyoung nodded as she saw the rage build in her best friend. "I'm going to kill her, I'm actually going to kill her. How fucking stupid is she? Did we not know her at all?"

Chaeyoung shook her head as she sipped on her beer on the patio. "I have no idea, I'm just so mad. She's been mad at me for years, literally years because she thinks I cheated on her and yet she's the one that ran off with that fucking girl that I knew was after her! I only have a PhD so I'm a complete moron apparently."

"Did you say you threw a ring at her?" Both Hyeri and Chaeyoung looked over at Jisoo who was staring at Chaeyoung like she was a two-headed deer.

"Yeah hold up, you did say that!"

Chaeyoung smacked herself on the forehead. "Fuck, I didn't mean to tell you that. Stupid rambling." Both her friends were staring at her now. "Yes, I was going to propose when finals were done. I was tired of being apart, I love my life in New York, loved my life in New York but there was always one piece of the puzzle missing. It took me a long time to figure it out and I was the one that left, regardless of whether or not it was the right career move. She deserved to know how much I loved her."

"Chaeyoung I'm going to ask you something and you're going to get pissed at me for it but I'm having a hard time figuring it out."

"What is it Hyeri?" Chaeyoung looked at her friend, unsure of what she was going to ask her.

"Did you come back here for Lisa? Is that what taking this job was about deep down?"

Chaeyoung's eyes felt like they were going to pop out of her eye sockets. "Are you fucking crazy? No, I did not come back here for an engaged woman." Jisoo and Hyeri looked between each other. "Seriously, she didn't play a part in me coming back here at all. We hate her right now!"

"Yes we do babe but we also love her," Jisoo said with a shrug.

"No, we," she motioned to all of them, "don't love her anymore, not even a little bit."

"Funny because she still loves you." Hyeri spit out without thinking, she had a tendency of doing that sometimes.

"Excuse you?" It is too early in the day to be day drunk but I feel like I'm going to need to be. She's engaged, to someone who isn't me. She thought I could cheat on her so she really doesn't know me at all, I highly doubt she's in love with me."

"Except for the fact that the only reason she didn't get on her bike to get to her father was because Hyeri told her that you'd be royally pissed off."

"I would have been that would have been incredibly fucking stupid but clearly she already is."

Jisoo shook her head. "Okay fine, if that's how you want to see it we won't argue." Hyeri shot her a look. "We won't argue but I do want to know why you've been wearing a $5000 ring around your neck and how we haven't noticed." She shot a look back at Hyeri. "Especially since some of us are supposed to have an eye for detail."

"I'm sorry, she kept that shit under sometimes at all times."

"It was a constant reminder to move on and then I just sort of liked wearing it. I knew when I could stand to look at it that I was over everything, over her."

"I'm still pissed she thought that you and my brother were a thing, that's gross." Chaeyoung couldn't help but laugh at the utterly disgusted look on her best friends face.

XOXO

"I am the world's biggest fucking idiot!"

"I take it you finally met Jungkook." Jennie smiled as she sat walked through the backdoors of Lisa's family home and sat down next to her best friend.