Chapter 17: Part II

~~Meanwhile, somewhere in the Northeast District~~

Damien Pov.

"What was that wind? Was that Yuno?" I whispered as I witness a tremendous attack from a distance. I was now hidden from Lennan and the cream monster in a building, so I quickly pulls up my Angel's Roadmap, "There's a magic signature that has weakened, I hope that it's his enemy, but there's another next to Yuno... what's with that ridiculous amount of mana?

I winced when a spear of rock candy pierced through the wall that I was leaning and scratched my shoulder, shredding my robe, cloak and clothes. I quickly fled from the building only to get smacked to the side by a rock candy giant created by Lennan. I had put up a weakened shield that lessened the impact when I hit a wall, creating a small grater.

"Ngh!" I wheezed when the wind was knocked out of me.

I then hears the candy user's voice from outside, "Hey~ I'm getting tired of this boring game of hide and seek! There's no use hiding from me~!" The ex-noble rode his giant cotton candy cloud in the sky to gain a wider field of vision.

I gritted my teeth from the pain and removed myself from the crater, the cream monster was making it's way towards me and shoots out a blob of flaming cream which I narrowly avoided. The gash on my shoulder was the only injuries I had, I had a few cuts and scraps from the giant as well as a few burn marks from the cream monster. What made these burns unbearable was the substance becomes more sticky because of the sugar, and when it dries it becomes uncomfortable to move.

"Raaaawwwwrrr!" The candy monster begins charging at me, it's right hand morphed into a large pale with sharp spikes with the intention of impaling me.

I steadied my stance as my grimoire paged to a spell, "Light Creation Magic: Holy Excalibur!" After creating my light sword, I got into a stance and waited for the giant to get into the spot where I can strike him down. 'Using reinforcement magic on my legs, I can give myself a boost!'

When the giant was a couple of feet away, it jumped into the air to smash down it's spiked hand but by using reinforcement magic on my legs, I quickly leaped into the air and performed a single top-to-bottom vertical slash successfully slicing the giant. in half.

Lennan whistles, "Wow, so you can really hold you own... I need to up the ante here." He looks down at his cream monster and smirked when he got an idea, he then looks at me. "Hey, kiddo! What would you think will happen if you were to to consume a large amount of soda and dairy products at the same time?"

I look at the man in confusion. Why would Lennan would ask such a question?

The answer I got was a mischievous smile that could put the Cheshire Cat to shame, "When I was small, I used to always eat large amount of cream-filled pastries with multiple glasses of soda. My mother would always scold me for it, saying that I would get a stomach ache later on, but being a stubborn brat I always ignored her until one day I ate too much. Oh, how I was weeping for the next two hours laying in a fetal position on my bed with my mother soothing me by my bedside!" During his storytelling, Lennan's grimoire began paging itself until it stopped on a spell. "Since then I was careful not to drink soda with milk, but that memory gave me a creative idea on how to weaponize it against my enemies."

Not getting the idea of the story, I furrow my brow in confusion. "I don't get it! What do you... Oh?" My stomach churned as I realised what is about to happen.

Noticing the look of despair on the my face, Lennan chants his spell, "Candy Magic:... Cream Soda Dragon!"

I strain my ears when I hears cracks coming from the ground, I looks down and tried finding the source of the sound but found nothing. I hear the growls of the cream monster then a second later, a fizzy, black liquid begins to burst out from under the cream monster of the cracks in the road and effortlessly shoots above the roof of buildings. Multiple soda geysers spurts out and I watch as the cream monster begins mixing with the soda. The wave of soda and cream begins morphing into a grotesque monsters with glowing eyes as flames begin flickering on the streaks of cream visible within the soda.