Chapter 21:

AN: I felt really nauseous the whole day, I had no idea if I was just hungry or I needed to puke but two hours ago it turns out it was the latter. Because I thought I was just hungry at first, I made myself some fried chips with bread and black coffee but I let it all go along with last night's food which was tomato food. My sister said it was because of the amount of acid.

Another thing is that there's no Wi-Fi anymore so I'm using the last bit of data my sister left for me to publish this. I wrote chapters 21 and 22 on my laptop so I had to do the whole transferring process so I'm coping and pasting chapter 21 on here. Unfortunately chapter 22 is not ready to you're going to wait pong because there's not a lot of data left. Please understand that until either the Wi-Fi turns back on or I get data that there won't be fast updates but I'll be writing the other chapters on my laptop. Another thing is that I'm job hunting, I can't sit around doing nothing! I don't want to be a mooch or a NEET!

Anyway, enjoy this chapter!

~~Chapter start~~

3rd Pov.

After discharging from the medical ward, Yuno, Mimosa, Klaus and Monica followed Marx outside and stood at the entrance of the building after they left Damien with the Sorcery Emperor.

“Was it really okay to leave Damien behind? I know his father allowed it, but would Captain Vangeance really be alright with this?” Klaus asks the memory mage while worried if his junior would be scolded when he returns.

Marx chuckles, “Worry not, I’ll be sure to inform William of this but I’m sure that he wouldn’t mind. After all, he is more use to Lord Julius’ antics than anyone of the Magic Knights’ Squad Captains and, if you won’t spread this around, he has a bit of a soft spot for Damien…”

Mimosa gives a surprised look, “Really? I mean, I’d imagined that Damien would know of the captains because of his father’s position but I didn’t expect him to have a personal relationship with any of them.”

“Well, there are a few of the captains that Damien doesn’t know personally but I can say that about five of them are close to Damien.” says Marx, “But out of those five, Damien is very much attached to William especially when he was younger. Always followed him around and wouldn’t leave his sight. The boy even had a mask made to match William’s, Lord Julius and Lady Helene were very much amused.”

Monica cooed, “Oh my, how adorable~! It seems little Damien had a crush on our dear Captain!”

“That’s what everyone believed!” Marx says with a smile.

Mimosa giggled, “Indeed! Then I wonder if that’s why he joined the Golden Dawn, because of his crush on the captain?”

“That’s ridiculous.” Yuno speaks up, his tone became slightly harsh. “Joining a squad because of a crush… Even if it’s Damien, I don’t think he’d decide something so serious based on such a silly thing.”

“I-I guess…” Mimosa stutters out, surprised at her peer’s change of tone before thinking. 'Odd. I noticed that Yuno expresses himself more whenever we talk about Damien.'

‘I’m feeling so angry... I hate it that I don’t know the actual reason. Because I was told Damien has a crush on the captain? Why would I care? It has nothing to do with me so I shouldn’t feel mad or anything like that.’ Yuno thinks.

“I agree with Yuno.” says Klaus, “Besides it was when Damien was just a child, I’m sure he has grown out of it.”

“But still, most of the time one doesn’t forget the first person they fall in love with.” Monica argues. “I’ve seen Damien and the captain together once, you should’ve seen it. They were really sparkly and smiling and stuff! I even saw the captain give Damien a head pat once or twice, and Damien always gets extremely happy and smiles a lot afterwards!”