Chapter 26:

3rd Pov.

'She's one of the terrorists?' Monica looked over at the bespectacled woman, 'Then I could get the answers I need from her!'

"Asta! I'm so happy that we get to see each other so soon!" The lady, who's name is Sally, says happily before looking over to the restrained man, "Hey, I came here because you called me with the magic transmission device..." She takes out a small item with a glowing tip, "...but you haven't gathered that much magic yet."

"A communication device? When did he contact her?" Damien questioned.

"He was probably hiding it somewhere. We were careless!" Sister Theresa clicks her tongue before turning to the children, "All of you stay right here. You hear me?"

All the children nod their heads and curled up against one another with Monica's giant stuffed bears for bodyguards.

"The Eye of the Midnight Sun... The terrorist group that attacked the capital?"

"Yeah! That's them!"

"So basically, you're the one who put Marie through all this. I'll kill you!" Gauche immediately shoots a beam at the lady.

"Gel Magic: Sticky Salamander!" Sally summoned a huge salamander made of gel, her attribute. It effortlessly retracts in another direction, surprising Gauche. "Could you not interrupt our moving reunion? While I'm at it, maybe I'll dissect you all!"

"What was that ominous magic?"

"Be careful, everyone! I heard she blocked the Silver captain's attack, too." Asta warns.

"Nozel's attack?! Really?" Damien questioned in disbelief. 'We're dealing with such a troublesome opponent? We've got to be cautious...'

The scientist giggles, "Here I come!" She jumped inside the salamander and started her attack.

"Incoming!" Asta leaps into the air and towards Sally . When he got in range, he swung his sword but the salamander's bent out of the way. He landed on a wall and propelled himself again, "Not yet! I'm not done yet!"

He goes to try and slice the salamander again, but this time it splits it's body to avoid the attack.

"Anti-magic is so problem at all if it can't hit me!" Sally taunts.

"Impudent pest! Mirror Magic: Reflect Refrain!" Gauche summons multiple mirrors around the woman to cast multiple beams at her but they are all refracted.

"That's some fine magic, but it gets refracted onside Salaman, so there's really no point. Things might be a bit different if you have something stronger!"

"Huh?" Before Gauche could blink, a glob of gel shot out of the salamander and grabbed him. The gel stuck itself on the nearby wall, successfully restraining Gauche.

"Finally, an opening...!"

Sally didn't have time to respond when Damien appears in front of her, his grimoire in front of him and already on an attack spell.

"Light Magic: Shining Light Wave!" Shimmers of light appears before the multiple pillars of light shoots out from the wall Sally had perched herself on and homes on the girl.

Before she could jump off, a pillar manage to shave off half of the gel salamander's body and some of her cloak. Sally then jumps away before her salamander could be completely destroyed.

"Ah! So close!" Damien curses.

"But you connected, good job!"  Monica praised.

"That was Light Magic, right?" Sally looks at Damien, giving him the same excited-crazy look she gives Asta. "So you're the Sorcery Emperor's son! The Light user, Damien Novachrono, right? How lucky I get to see you so soon! Hey, can I get some of you blood for research?"