Chapter 18:

~~A couple of minutes ago: How did Monica return to Damien?~~

3rd Pov.

"Where are we?" asked Hammon as he looked around the grassy plains from where the Magic Knights have been teleported.

"It would appear that we are at least a few hundred kilometres away from the royal capital." answered Siren.

Then Sol begins ruffling her hair in frustration, "They actually got us! Damn it!"

"They managed to infiltrate the royal capital. I figured they must've had a skilled spatial magic user, but..." Captain Charlotte trails off, "To think they were able to send us all this far!"

Alecdora grits his teeth before yelling a string of curses that puts a sailor to shame.

"For now, we need to keep a cool head before planning our next course of action." Captain Nozel advices before looking at the groups more closely, "It seems we are missing a few people..."

Carmencita looks around and says, "Indeed, it seems Fuegoleon, Leopold, Noelle, that anti-magic boy, the four-leaf clover boy and Damien had managed to escape the spatial magic."

"So the entire North group is safe, along with one member each from the Northwest and Northeast districts..." Teirtu says, "If we advance with the premise that the enemies plan was to get all of us out of the capital then they are probably going through the next phase of their plan. Captain Fuegoleon aside, the rest are still rookies so there's a limit to what they can do if the enemy have not yet revealed all of their plans..."

"Then we need to come up with a plan to return back!" says Elijah.

"Can't we use our transportation spells to get back to the capital?" asked Sol but that was quickly shut down by her Captain.

"The flaw to that plan is that we won't be fast enough to return, it would take at least two hours and I don't think we can spare that much time." says Charlotte.

Sol groans, "Really?"

"Everyone is really on edge..." Mimosa says to Klaus with Monica in her arms as the trio stood a bit further from the rest of the group.

"It's understandable, but..." Klaus pushes up his glasses and the two girls looked up at him as he added, "Damien and Yuno... they are alone in completely different districts, what if a strong enemy attacks them? Like Teirtu says, they are rookies so they haven't witnessed an invasion of this scale before. If they manage to team up then they'll stand a chance but I'm still worried..."

Mimosa frowns and says, "I too am worried for Damien and Yuno, but that's why we need to return to them as quick as possible."

A moment of silence later, Monica speaks up. "I can return to them!" She says and Mimosa looks down at her surprised.

"You can? Wait are you going to do that?" The girl asked and the possessed doll nods its head.

"Yes, remember, like Klaus, I give people extra pocket-sized dolls just in case I need to switch bodies if anything were to happen. I have marked them so it provides me a tail to follow and it only take me a few seconds to possess those doll!" Monica explains.

Klaus pushes up his glasses, "But would you be able to switch when the enemy has put up a barrier that prevents communications from coming through?"

"What I do is completely different from communication magic, I don't think they'd expect a ghost to be a part of the Magic Knights but I would have to telepathically connect with the mark I have made on the doll  which hinders my ability so I'd have to connect with the nearest doll, which Damien possesses.Monica explains.