Chapter 1:

(Edit: 26•05•2021)

AN: I made a few more changes to this chapter which includes replacing a borrowed spell for an original one and other things I didn't like. If you're a new reader then you'll probably not know what those changes are but for those who have already read this fanfic, you'll probably know what has been changed.

Enjoy the chapter!

~~Chapter start~~

Damien Pov.

"Damien, are you awake?"

I heard the voice of Marx, my father's attendant, behind the door of my room. I opened my eyes, the room was dark since the curtains was closed.

"Yes, just give me a minute!" I managed to get off my bed and stretched my muscles then walked to the door and open it.

Marx smiled as he looked up at me, "Good morning, how did you sleep?" He asked.

I smiled at him and said, "I slept really well, thank you for asking! Did my father send you?"

"Yes, he wanted me to make sure that you were awake so that you could get ready for the Magic Knights Exam..."

"Oh, it's today... I just need to get changed,"

Marx nodded and walked down the hallway. I closed the door and walking to my closet and opened it. I grabbed some clothes and put them on.

I opened the door and put a foot out the room when I was tackled into a hug by my father.

"Damien, my dear son~!" He nuzzled his cheek against my head as I managed to prevent myself from falling over.

"Lord Julius!" Marx scolded father who was hugging me with an aura of excitement.

"Aren't you excited~?" He asked happily as he pulled away, "My son's going to be a Magic Knights!"

I sighed but smiled. Father was always excited that I was going to take the Magic Knight Exams, he and Marx would help train me in preparation for the exams. However, I was excited to see all the other captains of the Magic Knight Squads.

"Maybe you'll be in Aqua Deer like your mother and me when we were Magic Knights!" Father says before smiling softly, "Your mother would be proud to see you..."

I smiled sadly at the mention of my mother, she died from an illness when I was seven years old. From what father says, he met her since they were in the same squad, they dated, got engaged then married, you know the usual cycle. He even says he was the most beautiful woman he laid his eyes on. I still remember her warm smile that always appears like its glowing.

Noticing the slight sad aura, Marx fake coughed and said, "Lord Julius, Damien really needs to get to the exam venue before it starts." Father nodded and patted my shoulder, "Good luck, even if I won't be able to attend, I'll be watching you."

I smiled and gave one last hug and walked out the house with Marx. Since father is the Sorcery Emperor, he lives in the castle because of his position but I didn't like the rather large building so I lived in the Novachrono house in the Noble Realm (AN: I'm pretty sure that before Julius became the Sorcery Emperor, he was a normal noble so I'm sure that he lived in his own house.).

The travel to the exam venue would take longer on foot and broomstick so Marx had to teleport us to the Castle Town.

"Wow~!" I looked on in awe at the busy streets of the town. I saw lots of people standing around stalls chatting to their companions. I've never been to the Castle town since I would be at home reading books, hanging out with Marx or talk with my father.