Chapter 24:

3rd Pov.

It is now sunset, walking down the streets of Nean is a young man in a Black Bulls’ robe carrying multiple bulging bags filled with toys. This person is Gauche Adlai, one of Asta’s seniors in the squad. The townsfolk watched the young man with mixed expressions because of the blood running down his nose and the rather creepy smile on his face.

‘To my dear, beloved little sister Marie… Please forgive your brother for being late due to his anemia. I bought you lots of birthday presents. Please be happy! I used up all my pay, but no price is too high for Marie. I will be able to see my little angel Marie soon… I’ll be able to see her smile…’ The male’s thoughts begins flooding with the images of his little sister. 'Oh, my beloved Marie. Marie… Marie… Ma—'

As Gauche turns a corner, his ears are filled with his sister’s innocent laugh and his eyes are blessed with the sight of her angelic smile but the current problem with this picture is that the cause of her laughter was his junior, Asta, who was spinning her around by his bicep while Rebecca, her siblings, Damien and Monica watch from the side-lines.

“How do you like that, Marie?”

“This is fun! You’re so strong, Asta~!” Marie squeals in delight as she doesn’t notice her now-petrified older brother.

“Spin me around, too!”

“And me!” Two of Rebecca's younger siblings waited patiently for their turn.

Asta lets Marie down and kneels down in preparation, “All right! Are you ready – Ugh!” Out of nowhere, Asta is met with a boot to the face as he falls down scaring the kids.

Marie looks up and gasps at the sight of her brother stepping on Asta’s face with a look of deep loathing for the teen.

“Get away from her this instant, you trash!” Gauche spat out venomously.

“Hey, you’re my senior with the sister complex and who’s always getting nosebleeds!” Asta proclaims and groans when he is stepped on harder.

“Don’t call me a guy with a sister complex and nosebleeds, meathead runt! I’ll stomp you to death!”

When Asta shakes the boot of his face, he sits up with thumbs up. “I train hard, so you’ll have to try a bit harder than that! Asta laughs triumphantly as Gauche grits his teeth.

“I don’t think that’s the issue, Asta…” Damien comments as he stands next to the other siblings.

“Marie, do you know this weirdo?” Monica asks while she was being held by Luca who stood by the sidelines.

“Yes, he’s my big brother, Gauche!” Marie answers.

Said male nods his head, “That’s right! Although I’m only able to visit my sister, who lives at the church, once a month!” He explains, “Today is the one day that I get to release my pent-up feelings, worship the heck out of her, and do all kinds of things with her, so why are you worshiping her first, huh?!”

“See? You do have a sister complex and a nosebleed!” Asta points out before saying, “So wait, she’s you sister?” He asks while pointing at Marie which annoys Gauche.

The older male grabs Asta by the front of his cloak, “Don’t you point at my angel. I showed you her picture before!”

“Did you? I was just visiting Rebecca, and she just happened to be here.”

“Hi…” Rebecca greets nervously while her two siblings grab her skirt.

“That guy is scary…” The little girl quivers while her brother looks up at Rebecca.