Chapter 4:

3rd Pov.

Flying in the orange sky, Klaus, Mimosa, Yuno and Damien was appointed their first mission as a group. Their mission was to escort a noble who was sitting in a chariot made by Klaus' Steel Creation. Klaus was sitting in the front of the chariot while the three new recruits was riding on their broomsticks.

'The Golden Dawn's new recruit, Yuno... The candidate that every Magic Knight Captain wanted at the Entrance Exam. And then we have the second new recruit, Mimosa Vermilion, from the royal family. The last recruit, Damien Novachrono, the son of the Sorcery Emperor, Julius Novachrono, and a user of the rare Light Magic was also chosen by all the Magic Knights Captains.' Klaus thought as he looked ahead, 'Their first mission is... to act as bodyguards for Salim de Hapshass.'

Klaus' Flashback ~

"We are to escort the son of Hapshass, who serves in the House of Lords, to our ally, the Heart Kingdom?" Klaus asked as he kneeled before his captain, William Vangeance.

"You know who Lord Hapshass is, don't you?" William asked with his back facing to his subordinate.

"I know his name," said Klaus, "I've only heard negative things about him, such as he's new money."

William turned around to look at Klaus from the top of the stairs, "I'm sure that's why he's worried that his son, who is going to study in the Heart Kingdom, might be attacked by bandits on the way."

"But there are any many powerful sorcerers among the lord's family..." Klaus commented.

"Apparently, he feels having Magic Knights act as his bodyguards will be safer." said William, "Lord Hapshass makes very generous donations to the Magic Knights every year, so it's rather hard to decline. Do you object?"

Klaus looked up surprised, "N-No!"

"We need to accept every kind of mission. That will also benefit the Clover Kingdom." William walked down the stairs, Klaus bowed his head and said, "Yes, sir. I am aware of that."

"Take Mimosa and Damien with you, too. I'm sure with you along as their mentor, they'll be more than enough."

Flashback ends~

'I'm counting on you to look after the new recruits.'

Those words lingered in Klaus' mind.

"My first mission... I'm so nervous." said Mimosa, "Klaus, Yuno, Damien, it's a pleasure to work with you."

"Yeah." Yuno said bluntly.

"I look forward to working with you too, Mimosa!" Damien said smiling.

"Don't let your guard down, Mimosa." Klaus said sternly.

Mimosa nodded, "Y-Yes, sir."

"That goes for you two." Klaus said towards Yuno and Damien.

"Right!" Damien said.

"I know." Yuno said.

'You insolent newbie.' Klaus thought in distaste.

Salim waved Yuno over from the chariot, the ravenette eyed the nobled and flew cautiously to the side of the chariot while keeping a distance.

"How have you been, Yuno?" Salim asked in a polite tone.

Yuno stared cautiously at the blonde to sense any ill intention coming from the noble.