11

Virat was driving frantically on a very high speed, thinking about Sai. All the flashes of how they met in Gadchiroli, how they got married, the time they spent together, how they got intimate, how they were so happy during the pregnancy, how they fell in love were coming before his eyes, then the flashes of how she cheated on him and left him. Then he started thinking about how Savi is her daughter, he tightened his grip on the steering wheel and said "how could she? How could she name her daughter Savi, the name we decided for our daughter, then how could she name her daughter Savi, when she's not my daughter", his eyes were red and filled with tears as he kept driving.
Sai sat in the car palpitating, as she reached her house, she entered her room, threw her bag on the bed and started roaming around the room frantically. Distraught she sat on the bed when Savi came and said "Aai, did you like my someone special?" Sai looked at Savi in disbelief and asked "the man at the store, he was your someone special?" "Yes Aai, isn't he the best" Savi said cutely, Sai gave her a faint smile. Then they had dinner and Sai put Savi to sleep, caressing Savi's head, and with tears falling down her eyes, all Sai could think about was Virat, hear heart was beating fast thinking about, how they met in Gadchiroli, how they got married, the times they spent together, how they got intimate, how they were so happy during the pregnancy, how they fell in love and how he hurt her by accusing her of cheating on him. But then she couldn't control but think about how would their lives had been if everything was alright, she thought about how Savi has formed a bond with Virat unknowingly that he is her father, she felt bad for her daughter of being deprived of a father's love. She couldn't sleep and kept tossing on the bed the whole night thinking about Virat and Savi.
Virat came back home drunk and straight away went to his room and laid on the bed. With tears rolling down his eyes and a faint smile on his face he kept thinking about Savi and Sai, wondering why does life play such stupid games with him? But the he couldn't control but question why couldn't Savi be his daughter or could Savi be his daughter? Because for a fact him and Sai did get intimate with each other. He then chuckled on his own thoughts, sighed and slept without even realising when.
The next day, it was the doctor's association meet today, the biggest doctors from all around the world were going to be present there. Virat was also going to be there as it was his team that was responsible for the security there.
Virat reached the venue early to check up on the security setup. As Sai reached the venue, she met Abhimanyu there, they greeted each other, Abhimanyu bent down and hugged Savi. Then Abhimanyu introduced Sai to one of the best cardiologist in London, they started talking, as they were talking, Virat heard her voice and turned around and saw her looking breathtakingly beautiful in a yellow saree, he was gawking at her, when while talking Sai looked the other side and saw Virat, their eyes met, they kept staring in each other's eyes when Abhimanyu and a constable called Virat and Sai respectively at the same time. Virat and Sai kept stealing glances the whole time. Virat and Sai were looking at each other when Savi pulled Sai's saree, Sai bent down and asked "what happened baccha?" "I am not feeling well Aai" replied Savi, "okay then we shall leave in some time then" said Sai. As Sai bent down and was talking to Savi, Virat noticed two things, first that her blouse stings were untied and seeing the second, his heart ached as if someone put a dagger in his heart, he saw her mangalsutra hanging from her neck, he was filled with agony and rage, he moved forward to her, held her by her arm and pulled her to a corner, Sai tried to free herself from his clutch but couldn't and said "what do you think you're doing?" Virat without saying anything turned her and started tying her blouse strings, she realised what he was doing, as he tied the strings his hands touched her back, his touch sent shivers down her spine and she closed her eyes. As he was done she turned to him, "congratulations" he said, she frowned at him and asked " what for?" "Well firstly for now that you've become a successful doctor, and most importantly for finally being in a happy little family of yours with the father of your child and your husband and your daughter. It must feel so good right" he said sarcastically, "I saw him with you the other day at the mall and today" he continued, she looked at him in disbelief, smiled irritatedly and said "my life doesn't concern you Mr. Virat Chavan", jerked his hands off of her and walked away, Virat stood there looking at her walk away, she tripped but Abhimanyu held her hand, Virat saw this and immediately left, Sai pulled her hand back and said "Abhimanyu, I am leaving, Savi and I both are not feeling well", "okay take care" replied Abhimanyu, Sai left.
Sai was sitting on her bed thinking about Virat, holding her mangalsutra and tears rolling down her eyes when suddenly Savi started crying, she quickly checked up on her, Savi had high fever, Sai got very tensed, gave her medicine and put Savi sleep in her embrace. Sai didn't sleep the whole night, she took care of her daughter the whole night.
Virat on seeing Abhimanyu and Sai, stormed out and reached home, entered his room, took out Sai's wedding mangalsutra, the one he made her wear on their wedding, sat on the bed and cried himself to sleep with memories of Sai and holding the mangalsutra.The next morning as he woke up he saw the mangalsutra and smiled, then he said to himself "why am I thinking about her? We're over and it's done", he got up put the mangalsutra back in the locker got ready and went to the police station. But no matter how much he tried, Sai just wouldn't leave his mind.
In the morning, Sai checked up on Savi, her fever was down. She took an off from the hospital to take care of her daughter. Fever kept coming and going but looking at her symptoms, Sai decided to get some tests done.