17

The next morning Sai woke up snuggled in the comforter. She took a few moments thinking about last night as she herself couldn't decipher what was she feeling. Picking up and checking her phone she saw the time and immediately panicked. She woke up a little late. Putting her clothes on she immediately ran to Savi's room to wake her up and get her ready for school. But as she reached Savi's room to her surprise she wasn't there. Hearing some sound Sai went outside only to find both Savi and Virat all ready for school and work respectively having bread butter and jam for their breakfast. Giggling and enjoying themselves together. Sai stood there unknowingly admiring them as her eyes got wet seeing that scenario. As they were done with breakfast Virat got up picking up the plates to keep in the kitchen as he saw Sai standing there. Savi and Sai greeted each other good morning while Virat kept the plates. Coming out of the kitchen he walked up to Sai and spoke "you were asleep so I didn't wake you up and got Savi ready for school. She had her breakfast too and Sunita packed her lunch box. I'll drop her to school as well. Uhh...hope you don't mind." "Uhhmm...no I don't it's okay. I'll pick her up from school then" "hmm...okay" replied Virat. "Thank you for this" Sai spoke further, giving her a small smile he turned to Savi and spoke "Savi baccha come on time to go to school now, your Baba will drop you today. Say bye to your Aai." "Bye Aai" said Savi, "bye Savi beta" replied." Virat picked Sai up and they left for school. Without even realising they had a typical family kind of a morning. Sai got ready and left for work soon after.
The whole day both Sai and Virat couldn't get last night off their minds. They kept thinking about it, thinking about their uncanny relationship, thinking about how they felt each other.
After work Sai picked Savi up from school and they went home. They spent the rest of the day doing usual stuff like Savi's homework, playing, watching tv. After dinner Sai put Savi to sleep. Virat hadn't come home until now. Sai took a case file to read while waiting for Virat to return and slept on the sofa doing so.
Virat entered the house at 11:30 pm and saw Sai sleeping. He stood there looking at her with all the love in his eyes and at the same time his heart hurt at what he had done to her. Walking up to her he slowly tried to remove the file which she had slept hugging. As he was removing the file Sai woke up. They looked into each other's eyes as time stopped for a moment. The dim lights, the music of their heartbeats arousing them. Their faces just a few inches apart as Virat licked his own lips. Then inching closer and closer to each other in anticipation as their lips slightly touched. He could taste her strawberry lip balm as they moved their lips against each other. Clutching on his shirt she moaned in his mouth as he was half above her. Feeling the moment he slowly went totally above her. Getting their clothes off of each other's bodies they kissed again. Moans full of pleasure were let out as love penetrated in unison. Their souls transported into the feeling of bliss. Virat then picked Sai up and took her to the bedroom as they further enjoyed their amorous night.
Whether they accept it or not but they had kind of forgotten everything about the past just to live these few days of contentment. To live their dream of being and living like a family and a couple that they had seen together five years ago. They couldn't let go the hurt of the past yet trying to live the life of their dreams just to get that piece of paradise which was ruined by fate but to soothe their hearts. The tussle of emotions with the urge to live happily had them whipped.
But then out of all this Sai and Virat had the biggest concern of their lives, their daughter.
Their sexual encounters continued according to their planned timeline. A week full of bliss or call it the week where unknowingly the void of their hearts was fulfilled. A sense of belonging was revoked as in a big world this little family felt on top of the world by just living. A week full of actual living which both Sai and Virat had almost forgot over the past few years of misery. Every moment was took in as years to fulfil the gloomy abyss in them with ecstasy.
Time passed in a jiffy while they enjoyed their ride of felicity. It had been a month now and a certain very important notification on Sai's phone reminded her of the the most important thing she had to do. Yes, it was her period tracker and yes she was late this month for her period. Anxiousness hit her as she was now supposed to take the pregnancy test now. Her heart rate increased. She then called Virat and told him about it and asked him to come home. Sai left for home too. On her way back she picked up some pregnancy test kits. As she reached home, Virat arrived at the same time. They looked at each other with anxiousness for a moment, both of them took a deep breath as Sai went inside the washroom. She took the test but anticipation for the results wasn't helping them. Every minute felt like years to them. Only they know how they passed those few minutes of anticipation. Sai came out of the washroom with the test kit. It was now just a matter of few seconds that they were gonna get to know of the result. As they looked at the result they went numb, as if their hearts stopped for a few moments.