19

Sai and Virat were ecstatic on the news. Composing themselves they got up looked at at other with teary eyes and they hugged, they were so overwhelmed that they just couldn't contain their emotions. Realising on what position they were in Virat and Sai broke the hug. Clearing his throat Virat excused himself from there. Sai sat there on the bed taking it all in and coming to terms with the situation and her emotions. Virat came out of the room when his phone rang, it was his mother Ashwini. He picked up the call and went out to the porch to talk to his mother. "Hello Godu" Ashwini spoke, "Yeah Hello Aai" replied Virat. "How are you my son? Hope everything is alright, how is Savi? And what about Sai? How is she doing?", "Savi is okay and Sai is too. Aai...I had to tell you something" said Virat "yes Godu tell me what do you have to tell me" replied Ashwini. "Umm...Sai is pregnant, she just took the pregnancy test and it turned out positive", "really Godu! Ohh Khandooba thank you thank you thank you. Finally! I can't tell you how happy I am Virat, God finally listened to us. You know all of us, the whole family has been praying for Savi day and night", "Umm...Godu can I say something?" Ashwini spoke further. "Yes Aai please tell" said Virat, "the whole family and I have been longing to meet Savi, our granddaughter. I know we've made a mistake and are not in a position to ask all of this but we're really sorry and we want to meet or baby Savi plus she's in such a condition and we just don't know what to do. We all want to meet her, I want to arrange a welcome ceremony for her, we couldn't do anything for her so I want to do it now. Could you please ask Sai about it?" "Uhh...I don't know Aai but I'll talk to Sai and try my best convince her" said Virat. "Okay Godu let me know what happens" said Ashwini, "okay Aai, I'll talk you later bye" said Virat, "bye Godu take care" Ashwini said and they hung up the call. Virat now had a task in hand to talk to Sai about his family wanting to meet Savi. He knew his family was truly sorry for everything and they really wanted to have a relationship with Savi.
Virat went back to Sai's room and hesitantly started to speak "Uhhh Sai...I wanted to talk to you", "hmm Virat say" replied Sai. "Umm Sai I was just talking to Aai on the phone" said Virat, "How is she?" asked Sai. "She's fine but umm she asked me to ask you about whether it'll be okay for you if the family meets Savi. Aai and the whole family wants to meet Savi, they want to have a relationship with Savi. They're all remorseful for everything that happened plus not really able to bear Savi's condition and you know they've been preying for her all the time. Aai wants to do a welcome ceremony for Savi since she could not do anything for her. And to be honest even I want this. Hope you understand" said Virat. Sai didn't know what to do but what Virat was saying was not actually wrong. They were Savi's family too and she deserved to have a relationship with her family and be loved by them all. "Okay Virat we can go to Chavan Niwas day after tomorrow" replied Sai after thinking a bit. Virat was so happy on listening Sai agree to Savi and the family meeting he instantly called his mother back and told her about it. Ashwini's happiness knew no bounds after hearing the news she instantly went and announced it to the whole Chavan family and started to prepare for Savi's welcome.
Dinner time when they were having dinner Sai told Savi about how she's gonna be meeting her father's family. Savi was quite intrigued to know all about the family and meet them.
2 days later, Chavan Niwas felt like it finally got life back after years of being lifeless. Every member were on their toes for their little Savi's welcome. The daughter of Chavan family was going to come to Chavan Niwas for the first time. Chavan Niwas was decked up as a bride, it was a celebration like no other. Sai, Virat and Savi reached Chavan Niwas. The whole family was at the door to welcome, seeing Savi for the first time everyone's eyes had welled up. Virat picked Savi up "Savi beta that's your Aaji, that's your Azoba, that's your badi aaji and that's your chote Azoba and choti Aaji, that's your bade kaka and your badi kaku, that's your chote kaka and choti kaku, that's your Bua and Fufaji and that's your tai" Virat introduced every member of the family to Savi. Savi was too excited to meet the family. Ashwini came forward and did Savi's Aarti, warded off nazar and then asked Savi to step on a plate of alta and then enter the house. Ashwini did the same for Virat and Sai and then asked Sai to also step on the alta plate and enter, Sai was shocked on listening what Ashwini had asked her to do. Why would she do it? But Ashwini insisted and to not make things complicated and awkward there Sai did it, she stepped on the plate containing alta and entered the house. Virat felt so full at that moment, he was back at his house with his wife Sai and this time they were entering the house as a family with their daughter and their to be born baby. The Chavans welcomed their Savi along with Sai. Their happiness knew no bounds. Chavan Niwas was finally alive again with the arrival of their Savi for the first time to her house. They entered the house the whole family, every member were right at Savi to meet her and shower all their love onto her.