14

In the hospital lobby, "we have to do this", both Sai and Virat said together. "I hope you're sure about this" asked Virat, "yes, I am sure about it, I will do anything for my daughter" said Sai "I'll get the doctor's appointment then we can proceed further with the IVF process" Sai continued, "IVF?" Virat spoke, "yes IVF, I am not sleeping with you" said Sai "no I didn't mean that Sai" Virat said "I don't care what you mean" said Sai as they looked at each other for a minute and then left.
On the way back home, Sai picked Savi up from school, both Sai and Virat couldn't stop thinking about what is actually happening with them, their daughter is not well and in order to save her they have to have another child together. They couldn't stop thinking about what kind of a game life has played with them, from Virat getting posted to Gadchiroli to Virat promising Kamal Joshi that he'll take Sai's responsibility to them getting married as a deal marriage which came with an expiration date and where Sai couldn't keep any expectations from Virat to them slowly getting used to each other then getting intimate to becoming pregnant with their child to Virat questioning Sai's character to them having their baby to them getting separated and then end up meeting again after 5 years to Virat being Savi's someone special unknowingly to getting to Virat getting to know that Savi is his daughter and him repenting his mistake to Savi having cancer to none of their bone marrows matching Savi's and how they now need to have another child together in order to save Savi's life.
After having dinner and putting Savi to sleep, Sai called Virat, he picked up in an instant, "Hello" said Virat, "Hello" Sai replied, there was a minute of silence between the two when Sai continued "actually I called to let you know that I've gotten the doctor's appointment, it's at 11 am tomorrow, so please be there on time", "okay, I'll surely be there. How is Savi?" said Virat, "she's fine, sleeping right now" Sai replied, "okay take care" said Virat, "I will, be there at 11 am sharp please, bye" Sai said, "bye" said Virat as they cut the call.
The next morning as usual Sai got Savi and herself ready, had breakfast, dropped Savi off to school and went off to the hospital for the gynaecologist's appointment.As she reached the hospital, Virat was already there, she went and sat beside him on the chair as they waited for their appointment. They went inside the cabin as they were called.
"Sai Virat you're here" the doctor said, they were confused on how the doctor still remembered them, "how do you still remember us doctor, it's been five years" asked Sai, "how could I forget you, your's was one of the most difficult delivery case I've ever handled, and you are quite a remarkable couple, I must say I haven't seen many couples as in love as you two", Virat and Sai looked at each other awkwardly, "so are you pregnant again? Or planning another baby?" the doctor continued, "actually doctor we're looking to try IVF" said Sai, "why so? Is there any problem, please let me know and can I please have your medical file" the doctor asked, she checked the file and spoke further "Sai, I don't really see any issue in you both trying naturally, both of you have a healthy reproductive system so I don't think you'll have any issues in conceiving naturally", "actually doctor, we're no longer together", "oh, sorry to hear that, then this baby?" asked the doctor, "umm, we have to have another baby as Savi our daughter she... she has blood cancer and none of our bone marrows matched, so that's why we're supposed to have another baby", both Sai and Virat's eyes welled up as Sai spoke, "I am so sorry to hear that, don't worry she'll get absolutely fine, both your blood groups are the same as I see so the new baby's bone marrows will most probably match". Both Sai and Virat looked at each other with concerned and hopeful eyes as they shared an eye contact for a brief moment. "So Sai Virat in order to try for IVF we need to get some tests done so let's proceed to get all the necessary tests done, we'll get the reports a day after tomorrow then we can see about how are we to proceed further. Virat and Sai went ahead and gave all the necessary tests that were to be done and then went back to their respective homes.
The next day was again an usual day where Sai got up, got herself and Savi ready they had breakfast then Sai dropped Savi off to school and then went to the hospital.
Things had been steady in Chavan Niwas and everyone there was concerned about Savi's health and kept praying for it. Virat got ready, had breakfast and then left off to the police station.
At night after having dinner Savi requested Sai that she wanted to talk to her someone special, she kept requesting Sai until she called Virat, Savi and Virat had a long talk over the phone and while talking Savi slept without realising, Sai took over the phone to let Virat know that Savi had slept, "hello, Virat sir" said Sai, "yes Sai" said Virat, "ummm actually while talking to you Savi slept without realising" said Sai, "okay" Virat replied, after a moment of silence Sai spoke "okay good night, see you tomorrow, bye", "yes, see you tomorrow, bye" Virat said and cut the call.
The next day at the doctor's appointment. "Hello Virat, Sai" said the doctor, "hello doctor" both Virat and Sai spoke together, "okay now let's get to the point, so Sai I went through your reports, look based on your reports and your medical history, you're quite fragile, like your last delivery was very difficult and you were quite serious. IVF as a process requires heavy treatments and medications that might not be that good for you, as it is you're fragile and might have a relatively complicated pregnancy but if you go through IVF process to actually get pregnant it will make you weaker and will be an extremely high risk pregnancy and that is not good for you, you might end up loosing your life as well as the baby's life, so I suggest you to try to conceive naturally" the doctor explained. Both Sai and Virat were taken aback about what the doctor said.