Chapter 4: Austin

Utterly dumbfounded.

I forgot to mention how startled I was when Champion told me that I was a vampire. I wanted to laugh because that's what I do when I'm in a state of panic. My emotions got twisted as I was growing up so there are times that it doesn't match the situation. Talk about troublesome.

Sometimes that guy really does say things that would get you flustered or confused and you'd start asking yourself if he was serious or just tripping. It's amazing how he chose to suspect me of being a vampire than accusing me of being a drug addict. And to be completely honest with myself, I pretty much look the part. I'm gangly and I've lost weight ever since my diet took a drastic turn for the worse.

And it's been circulating in the dorms.

If they only knew how clean and pure I am as a person. I haven't even tried marijuana.

But if I had one thing I'm hopelessly addicted to, it's the enticing smell of all these human beings around me. If I could only taste them all. Thankfully, I'm a laid-back person so I could easily fake the desire to go on a feeding frenzy.

The big question: How did I survive after Nurgis went missing in action?

I leaned back on my seat and glanced at the girl sitting on an armchair next to me. She's focused on fixing her makeup while we're waiting for our professor. Her expensive shoulder bag sits on my lap just so she could sit comfortably and the bag apparently needed a comfortable seat too.

She might look like the type who cares about her outfit more than her grades but don't underestimate her. She's a dangerous opponent. This girl is always on top of the dean's list and she always looks impeccable, as if she's a robot who doesn't have the ability to excrete sweat.

Seriously though. Our classmates call her Hermione Granger because just like what Professor Snape said, she's an insufferable Know-It-All. Who can blame her? She's always the smartest guy in the room. I just don't understand why people shame her for it.

What these people don't know is that she's a "he", and he's not my girlfriend and no, I didn't eat her while she was on her period. And more importantly, nobody knows that he's a cutter. He wears all those cute outfits but he's like a ticking time bomb once you get to know him.

I'm sure you don't get the connection so let me explain what happened.

It was almost a month ago before I discovered his secret.

Let me just get this straight for a moment. I don't think making our instructor cry was intentional. They claimed that he enjoyed making other people suffer but he wasn't the sinister type they were painting him to be. Sure he's snobbish and aloof but as my brother always said, some people who choose to be alone chose the wrong sort of friends before. Maybe he chose to be unapproachable because he's treading the world carefully.

He's just so intelligent and they can't handle it. And because he's indisputably pretty, it made matters worse for him.

What stings is the fact that he wasn't expecting our classmates to turn on him, after he generously let them copy his answers during our first exam.

He only corrected a fact that the instructor got wrong and that instructor chose to be offended instead. Before he could explain himself, the instructor already rounded up a huge group of sympathizers that included his haters which, as anyone might have guessed, were filled with jealous bitches.

They bashed him on social media, they talked shit about him when he's around and accused him of being a slut. As his classmate, who at that time believed that he's an extremely cute girl, I can safely say that calling him a slut was way out of line. I haven't even seen him with a boy before.