Chapter 49: Troublemaker

A sound of static buzzed on my phone as I hid behind the school lobby's huge central pillar. I picked it up and heard Clifford's dramatic report: "Target spotted."

"Basketball team's on their way," Lorenzo's whisper sounded like he was out of breath from running, so he might have jogged along with the team to keep track of their progress. The timing needed to be perfect.

I took a peek, spotting our target entering the premise, evident by his pretty face on the monitor mounted overhead after swiping his ID on the scanner. The two men tailing him exchanged formalities with the security guard but our target kept his steady stride, like a woman on an important business. He drew glances, guys elbowing other guys before pointing to his direction and girls looking at him from head to foot. I sighed, feeling proud of myself.

"Almost there," Lorenzo whispered and I saw him from the side entrance leading straight to the soccer field. He grinned, displaying his thumbs up. "This walkie-talkie app is stupid."

"Forda feels bro. Okay go," Clifford signaled. I couldn't see him from the queue of students coming and going but he followed up with, "I'll be around to assist."

"Whatever happens, don't come up to us, okay? You'll get in trouble if you do."

"Welp, I'm going. My prof is the punctual type," Lorenzo said. "See you guys."

"Go go!" Clifford urged so I stuffed my phone inside my pocket. Licking my lips in anticipation, I jumped out from my hiding place.

"AUSTIN!" I called out while waving my two hands up excitedly. I planned to see him as early as I could and I also planned to imitate an irritatingly sunny Kdrama character who had too much energy to spare plus a really thick skin that could withstand a roomful of funny looks. "My pretty baby good morning!"

Stunned and caught off-guard, Austin looked around irritated as he scanned the crowd but immediately grinned and waved back at me. I heard him mutter "idiot fucker" before he answered in a cutesy way.

"Magnooooo~!" It might have stopped traffic and made people restore their faith in the cuteness of the world. He still haven't gotten his phone back so I couldn't warn him of this embarrassing plan but he's quick on the uptake so I didn't worry about him fucking this up. My worry was for his guards as one of them started walking towards my direction so I jogged faster and Austin also started running towards me, leaving the other guard who was blocked by a throng of passing basketball players returning from their daily jog. It was like a wall of raging flood because the university's basketball club has the most number of members.

"Come!" I encouraged him,  extending my arms right in front of me.

"OMG you're so dead~" Austin answered but he jumped right into me like we're in a movie and I embraced him as tight as I could. He was laughing. "Stupid, stupid, Genesis!"

We heard the onlookers cheer and sooner or later if we get unlucky and someone was taking a video then this scene would definitely reach my mother. She'd complain again about how much of a troublemaker I still am even after I promised her that I'd get my shit together.

Austin wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me hard on the lips. I chuckled and welcomed his soft tongue inside my mouth as I lowered him to the ground with a clack from his high-heeled shoes.

"Hey! Hey!" the smaller guard called like it was enough to stop me.

"Keep your hands off her!" one guard shouted but he was booed by the students. Clifford egged the school security guards from the crowd, saying that it wasn't appropriate for students to be followed by armed guards inside a school. Someone complained about how inappropriate it was to kiss in public when we're aware that some people were suffering from having no partner to participate in such activity. "Miss Jade, please get away from him or we'll be forced to take drastic measures."