Chapter 28: Playing With Food

"Oh, this cockblocker again."

Champion's hard muscles constricted on my neck just as I uttered those words and I felt his hold tightening so I patted his arm. We were in the middle of the school lobby. It won't do us any good if we draw attention to ourselves, but then they were so large it couldn't be helped at all.

"Down boy, he's a friend," I said and chuckled when he playfully whacked the side of my head as he let go of my neck.

"Woof, woof," Champion grinned at me before quickening his pace so he's face to face with Totoro before I could say another word. "What are you doing here?"

I let out a sigh. If he's here to deliver the blood that Nurgis promised me then he really was a major pain in my dick, so I let Champion do the talking as I preserved my focus, maintaining my brewing anger towards my victim. I will hunt, even if I have bags of blood waiting for me in the room, it's not going to stop me.

"I'm not here for you," Totoro said, smiling his harmless monk smile. Then he shifted to me, showing off a set of perfect, tiny teeth that looked so at home on his tiny head. "Nurgis sent me."

Passersby can't help but be intimidated by the scene. Two big men looking like they're in a staredown for a wrestling match stood in the middle of the pathway without saying anything for several minutes. It was enough to raise a commotion of curious onlookers.

"Guys, don't fight over me. I already have a girlfriend," I said lazily, but loud enough for the embarrassment to sink in. At least if they didn't want people to think that they're gay over the Unluckiest Guy in this university.

"I am not interested to get in a relationship with you. I could be your father," Totoro declared, as if it wasn't so painfully obvious. He must be my mom's age.

Champion didn't say anything nor did he look back at me as he backed down and leaned on the wall to watch us talk. A passing group of students greeted him and he automatically administered a charming smile, making that the best moment of the day so far for them.

Mine is going to be a long day.

"Nurgis said it is about the food you asked."

"Where is it?"

"It is a surprise, so he wanted you to go with me and see for yourself."

"I have a report due tomorrow~" I complained with a pout but then I reached out to poke the man's roundish belly without meaning to. "How'd you get fat so fast, Totoro?"

He smiled, his eyes disappearing into slits, curving downwards.

"Just a couple hours with him, he said. He also needed to tell you something very important," the man answered. He refused to acknowledge my offensive question so I poked his belly again and again until he gently swatted my hand. "I would appreciate it if you stop harrassing me, Genesis."

"I don't know, Totoro," I told him, lowering my voice so only the two of us could hear it. "I feel like I'm not myself today, but I feel good. Like I could cut you open and see what's inside your fat belly."

A dangerous glint crossed over his features and I smelled his real self as it slipped into the surface for a moment. When he regained his composure, he's smiling at me again.

"Then all the more reason to see Nurgis, okay, Genesis? He'll sort you out."

"I don't need sorting out. This is better."

"Yes, it is. But also dangerous."

"Huh," I bit my bottom lip as I tried to decide and my gaze strayed towards Champion. Our eyes met. He knew something's wrong but he couldn't prove it. "Okay, I'll go."