Chapter 30: Bad Good News (Pt. 1)

Another update! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter as much as I did, despite it being shorter than usual!

"I'll be your new fitness teacher."

"Huh?" I leaned back in my chair, looking over at Sojourn behind me.

We had made it back to Gibraltar. And in the late afternoon, while sitting on a chair Sojourn had approached me.

"I'll be your new trainer, (Y/N)." Sojourn crossed her arms, "Now are you gonna sit there all day or are you gonna hit the gym."

"I... guess I got nothing better to do?" I shrugged.

"That's the spirit. C'mon soldier!" Sojourn signaled for me to follow her.

I stood up out of my chair, following her down the hallway to the gym.

"Where's Fareeha?" I asked as I caught up to Sojourn.

"I don't really know. Why do you ask?" Sojourn looked at me.

"Ah well, she was kind of my trainer before me and you met." I answered, looking back to the front of me.

"Hm... well you still look skinny." Sojourn laughed.

I huffed, "I was way skinnier before..."

"I'm sure Fareeha got you well on the road to getting into the right shape." Sojourn smiled, "But I'm gonna train you even harder."

"Bring it." I smiled back.

"That's what I like to hear."

• • •

Sojourn grabbed my hand, lifting me up off of the matted bottom of the boxing ring.

We had been sparring for a little while. Well, more accurately, Sojourn was the one sparring while I had my ass get repeatedly handed to me.

"You're all over the place (Y/N). You gotta be like-"

"Water?" I grunted as I stood up.

"Yeah, who taught you that?" Sojourn's brow furrowed.

I scratched my chin, "I can't remember whether it was Bruce Lee or Spike."

"Who're those guys?" Sojourn asked.

"Ah don't worry about it." I grabbed a water bottle and chugged it.

I looked over as I heard footsteps.

"What's this?" Fareeha asked.

"Ah, Fareeha. Perfect timing." Sojourn leaned on the rope of the ring.

"Yeah, what're you doing here?" I asked quizzically.

"Well, I wanted to ask you about something." Fareeha waved a folded piece of off-white looking paper.

"Uhm, maybe later? I'm in the middle of a session." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I'll give y'all a couple of minutes." Sojourn patted my back.

"Alright." I stepped over the rope and hopped onto the floor.

"What is it?" I questioned Fareeha.

"Remember when I asked you about that note?" Fareeha started unfolding the paper.